Author Topic: Residence permit holders health insurance  (Read 18198 times)

Offline BM06

Residence permit holders health insurance
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 17:39:30 PM »
So, if that is the case, now or in the near future[?] for a family of two that's your interest on 50k ytl gone in one fail swoop. RP + UHI = 4k YTL.:-\

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 18:00:12 PM »
The cover of 185 tl a month covers a spouse and children too,  If you are single and living together you have to pay x 2

Offline BM06

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 18:19:13 PM »
That's correct Sandy common law or what ever its called, is not recognized  in Turkey.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 18:37:31 PM »
So what happens if in your wisdom you decide not to pay this insurance for example you have the means to pay for your requirements. Will you have to go to a private hospital?  Will the health police knock on your door and arrest you....fine you?......deport you?  Earthquake insurance DASK is mandatory but over half the population does not have it!:(

Offline col

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 19:03:43 PM »

Exactly....if the authorites cannot seem to chase up even the Turks who don't have mandatory Dask insurance, how can they possibly chase up ex pats to check on health insurance. They just seem to be hell bent here on making life difficult and costly for ex pats. Why can't they just leave this health insurance as it is, as in...IF you want to purchase it then go ahead, otherwise just let them pay for hospital treatment etc, if and when they need it.
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

So what happens if in your wisdom you decide not to pay this insurance for example you have the means to pay for your requirements. Will you have to go to a private hospital?  Will the health police knock on your door and arrest you....fine you?......deport you?  Earthquake insurance DASK is mandatory but over half the population does not have it!:(

Offline BM06

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 19:22:07 PM »
The other thing to take into account is you may have to show proof of UHI when applying for a RP or when you renew it?

Offline col

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 19:54:50 PM »
Yes, and to my previous post on this, it is the way the govt here will make sure we have health insurance of some kind. Which is why (we all imagine!!!!) come sometime in 2011, the visa runs will have to stop, all ex pats will have to take out residency visa, and that is when ex pats will have to have compulsory health insurance.
I have been reading even more pages of this subject on an Antalya forum, and like here....just as confusing. Some pointing out that it will be for all ex pats with residency, others still saying it's only for foreigners who have work permits. Either way, it certainly seems like ex pats from many countries have had enough of the Turkish Govt thinking all ex pats are 'walking wallets' and time to leave.
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

The other thing to take into account is you may have to show proof of UHI when applying for a RP or when you renew it?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 19:55:58 PM by col »

Offline busybee

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 20:36:43 PM »
When they state the lowest premium is 182L does this mean that this is the lesser package and that you would still have to pay some percentage towards medical costs

Offline Julesp

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 21:35:06 PM »
Slightly off topice but relevent I think, I today renewed my residence permit, I know many people involved in stamping my forms etc so asked re ex pats living on tourist visa and also whether I need to take health insurance, the reply was yes I need insurance, when i asked why are we who are living here legally on a permit are getting penalised compared to those doing the 3 month run, the reply was that they are closing that loophole and also I can apply for Kimlak soon and those now on tourist visa they will never be able to do.

Offline Julesp

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:41:54 AM by Julesp »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf