Author Topic: Adding a Photograph to profile  (Read 1719 times)

Offline raygans

Adding a Photograph to profile
« on: January 05, 2011, 20:28:02 PM »
Maybe we"re searching in the wrong places but can someone tell us an easy way to add a photograph to our profile please.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 20:48:10 PM »
If you have a photo of yourself uploaded to the web, just add the location (which will be http://something ) into your profile, in the bit called "Picture URL". If you haven't put a photo of yourself onto the web, you can visit a site like photobucket to put one there.

http://photobucket.com/

The biggest confusion people have is understanding that your photo needs to be uploaded for it to be seen on websites like CBF. A photo on your hard drive cannot be used, it has to be uploaded to a website. For everyday use, photobucket will take your photo and it will be uploaded and useable here and on other sites.

Offline raygans

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 21:10:39 PM »
Thank you,have given that a try but must be doing something wrong. Still in christmas holiday mode me thinks lol.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 00:06:36 AM »
Keith can you not pirate the Facebook way of adding photos [?] It' a doddle there  8) I'll apologise in advance if it's a stupid question  8) (I like Jonathon Ross ;))

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 00:20:18 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by raygans

Thank you,have given that a try but must be doing something wrong.

In your CBF profile you need to add the photobucket address that points us to where the photo is. Access to your profile is found here: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit

This information you put in the box "Picture URL". It will always start http: and generally end .jpg or maybe .gif.

In your CBF profile you have not added anything in that box at all, so it won't be working any time soon.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 00:24:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

Keith can you not pirate the Facebook way of adding photos [?] It' a doddle there  8) I'll apologise in advance if it's a stupid question  8) (I like Jonathon Ross ;))

I actually like Jonathon Ross too Ken.

Sadly with this style of forum it is not possible. I know how easy it is, and the facility can be found at the new Fethiye forum and works fantastically well. But for old CBF, no such compatible facility exists. This is a bigger pain to me than any member, as I am the poor sod who gets all the emails asking how to post a photo, and still struggle to explain how easy it is. I know it is easy for me and those who know how to do it, I just can't seem to find a way to explain things to someone who has never had to upload photos :-\

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 22:14:40 PM »
I actually learned how to do it but now I have forgotten :-\ Reckon I could manage with a bit of real effort  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 23:26:50 PM »
What about a screen shot of each step in a locked topic Keith

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf