Author Topic: A new home needed for a street dog  (Read 2326 times)

Offline adorabubble

A new home needed for a street dog
« on: January 08, 2011, 13:50:13 PM »
Hi

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes. Last week, we started being followed home by a gorgeous young street dog, which seemed to be hanging around the Friar Tuck Restaurant in Ovacik.

She's the usual small dog type with a curly tail, which wags constantly. We think she's still quite young as she mouths a little (although she doesn't bite).

Well, we gave her some treats the first couple of days and let her in the garden to play with our 4 year old Lhasa Apso bitch, which we brought with us from Scotland (Coco).

We then managed to get her into the car to take on a walk down to the microlight airfield, where we normally meet up with some other folks with dogs. Some of them seemed to know of her and we established she is a street dog (we weren't sure if she was a street dog at first because although she didn't have a collar on, her coat was very nice and looked pretty clean, and she was obviously being fed).

We took her back up to the area where she found us originally and we drove home. The next morning, she was sitting outside our gate, waiting patiently for us.

Being big soft lumps, we decided that we would take her in on a trial basis, to see if she got on okay with Coco.  We managed to get a collar on her, have wormed her and given her a dose of frontline (as well as a bath).  We decided we needed to call her something while she was with us so we called her Poppy.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like things are going to work out with Poppy.  Coco is absolutely terrified of her and has been in a continual state of stress ever since we brought Poppy in.  Which is a total shame because Poppy is a lovely natured wee thing and just wants to play.

So, the upshot of it is that Poppy needs a new home. We thought it would be kinder to take her in, even if it was only a temporary thing, rather than just leave such a loving wee beastie out in the rain etc.

She's so well behaved and she walks on a lead and doesn't pee inside.

Please, if anyone would like a lovely wee companion, can you contact us through this or email me at lisa.borland@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks very much!

Lisa Borland and Irene Polland

p.s. here's a wee pic of her.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1792820063189&set=a.1792820023188.2105538.1320292555

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 14:18:58 PM »
I'm sure if you give it three or four weeks they will learn to live together quite happily.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 16:00:47 PM »
I think you have set your security so we can't see pic.  Can I suggest you put that pic in an album which is viewable by anyone.  Then repost with new link?  :D

I agree with Tinx though, if you give them time they will very likely settle down, and could actually become good friends.

Offline adorabubble

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 20:38:47 PM »

Edited by Scunner

Offline maria1949

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 02:15:07 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhh what a sweetie

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 13:28:33 PM »
Lovely dog!  But it is in very good condition for street dog.  Makes me wonder if it IS owned, but by someone who gives it a lot of freedom.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 16:53:05 PM »
Yes she does look in great condition for a streetie, maybe cos the kind people that were hoping to keep her have bathed her and she has had a little taste of life within a family. she is gorgeous hope someone can offer her a loving home if it does not work out with the other dog.

Offline adorabubble

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »
She did have a nice coat when she adopted us, but when we checked her, she had beasties living on her rent free. So we gave her a shower using proper dog shampoo, which is why she looks even more gorgeous.

Unfortunately, we don't think it is going to work out with her as Coco is becoming very aggressive with her, and we don't really want to end up with Coco being aggressive.

We've put an advert in the Land of Lights as well, but if no one takes her, I guess we'll have to take her to Animal Aid.

I really hope someone takes her. She's a wee gem.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »
if it continues to be a problem, please take it to the shelter, best in the afternoon if you want to speak to the vet and explain the story, and they will endeavour to find a home for it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf