Author Topic: 2012 Charity Calendar - photos wanted  (Read 8131 times)

Offline Pi55y

2012 Charity Calendar - photos wanted
« on: May 15, 2011, 23:05:37 PM »
As the 3C's were unable to stage the Calis Carnival photography competition this year as we were unable to find a sponsor, and we did not want to wish to use any of the hard earned funds which are allocated for the children,  we have decided to ask forum members to submit their favourite photographs of the Calis area to us for use in the 2012 Calis Children's Charity Calendar. These could be views, or pictures of fond memories or anything else that is specific to Calis area.

The photographers of the 12 selected photgraphs will all receive a certificate and a small prize and be named in the calendar .

If you wish to send us a photograph please do so either through my profile on this forum or at info@caliscarnival.com  Please can you make sure that this is sent as a file rather than a compressed picture in order for us to produce the best quality photograph.  Happy Snapping!!!!!   :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:06:39 AM by Pi55y »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 00:15:51 AM »
On the question of calenders can I ask do you need permission to produce one - to sell and if so from whom?

I realise that your calender being used to raise money for charity may be exempt.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 00:28:56 AM »
Hi Nichola, the answer to that one is yes.  The 3C's are able to do so as we are one of only two charities recognised and working legally uder the umbrella of FETAV Foundation  (the other local charities including Animal Aid and Embrace have opted to work under either ourselves or Fethiye International Group). Because of this we have been able to produce a charity calendar for the last 3 years.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
that is a fantastic idea Chrissie, I am not the best photographer but I have seen some great pics from other members that would look fab on a calendar I really look forward to getting my calendar every year :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 13:46:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pi55y

Please can you make sure that this is sent as a file rather than a compressed picture in order for us to produce the best quality photograph.  Happy Snapping!!!!!   :D

For us this thicko Chrissie can you explain what you mean by a file.:(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 17:55:09 PM by Highlander »

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 20:31:15 PM »
Sorry I meant a high resolution photograph.  I am no techi either but i understand that if you click the attachments button and add a photo to your e-mail, it attaches the photo as a file rather than if you just click the photo button and add it from there. By adding a photo as a file it does not compress them and they retain their high resolution which  is what we need when using them for a professional print job. I am sure someone out there will be able to verify this or put me right if I am wrong :D

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 21:37:18 PM »
A big, big thanks to Scunner, he has just told me that CBF will kindly sponsor the prizes for the calendar photo competition :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 21:43:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pi55y

Sorry I meant a high resolution photograph.  I am no techi either but i understand that if you click the attachments button and add a photo to your e-mail, it attaches the photo as a file rather than if you just click the photo button and add it from there. By adding a photo as a file it does not compress them and they retain their high resolution which  is what we need when using them for a professional print job. I am sure someone out there will be able to verify this or put me right if I am wrong :D

Thanks Chrissie, I think I understand that ;)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 16:39:19 PM »
Just had our first picture sent and it is very good.

This competition will be open for several weeks so that it allows holidaymakers to send in their pictures.  

We will then get a panel to judge which 12 photos will be most suitable for  the calendar and will then contact those who have been successful.

As advised previously Keith has kindly said that CBF will sponsor the prizes which is great and we cannot thank him enough, but the best prize of all must be having your picture chosen and seeing it published  :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 16:41:13 PM »
What a kind man you are Keith. XX

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf