Author Topic: Animal Transportation  (Read 1529 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Animal Transportation
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:24:49 AM »
I have just recieved this letter from Perihan, founder of the Animal Shelter, please support them. :)

Dear Friends,

World wide live animal transportation is out of control, causing death and horrific conditions during the unlimited length of time the animals are transported in lorries in European countries.

A group of observers from "Animal Angels" have witnessed the live transportation from Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria into Turkey. At the Customs border at Edirne and Kapikule they found 20 or more lorries waiting for days for the paper-work to be approved and the animals allowed to continue their journey into Turkey.

The observers had followed one lorry from Hungary to its destination in Balikkesir, Turkey, and during the unloading of the animals, 42 sheep were found to be dead.

The time from loading the animals and transportation to their destination can take a week or more, without proper food, water and rest. The Turkish Government has regulations as to how the animals should be imported, but if there is anything wrong with the paper-work there is no place for the animals to be unloaded and rested and fed.  The corrected paper-work can take several days.

Animal Angels are campaining to restrict the live animal transportion by lorries to 8 hours per day.

I would like to ask for your help in this campaign by printing many copies of the Signature page and distributing it to as many people you can and forward the completed pages directly to Animal Angels in Germany.

Their aim is to obtain 1 million signatures in this campaign.

Please obtain as many signatures as you can.

Kind Regards,

Perihan Agnelli

Anybody requiring the signature forms please e mail me or info@animal-angels.de

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:15:56 AM by tinkerman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf