Author Topic: 3C's to Allocate 2011 Charity Funds  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Pi55y

3C's to Allocate 2011 Charity Funds
« on: August 24, 2011, 20:03:48 PM »

A record breaking 35,400 TL which was raised by the Calis Children's Charity during their 2011 fundraising year will be allocated to fund various children's projects in the local area at their next meeting in September.

The charity operates legally under the banner of the Fethiye Tourism, Promotion, Education, Culture and Environment Foundation (FETAV)).

When the charity was first formed a decision was taken never to give money but to fund equipment and projects. A number of written applications for assistance in funding projects from the 2011 money raised have already been received by the 3C's.

If anyone has a good cause or project that they would like supported this year they are asked to write in to FETAV manager Dilek Dincer at Fethiye Belediye or e-mail the 3C's through their website www.caliscarnival.com with details of the help needed.   All applications are given careful consideration and, in the case of schools and external organisations, the charity are advised by FETAV, the Kaymakam,  Director of Education and the Belediye as to suitable projects.

At their first meeting of the new financial year in September, all these written applications will be considered and, after careful investigation including visits to the schools, organisations and individuals concerned, funds raised during the previous year will be allocated against each agreed project.  

The charity will also be issuing their Annual Report in early September which will contain a full financial statement detailing where the money raised during the 2010 fundraising year was spent.  

The 3C's are always looking for new members to join their charity and help with their fundraising events.  If you are interested in joining the charity please e-mail me for further information.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
3C's to Allocate 2011 Charity Funds
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 16:53:23 PM »
This is fantastic news, Chrissie & Peter, & a terrific amount of money. Who could ever have believed that, out of a small germ of an idea, such good deeds could be done ?? Although Loz & I do not live in Turkey any more, we still follow the great things being done by ALL concerned in this well worth-while venture.
There will always be those,who, through some kind of mis-guided jealousy,or maybe just bloody-mindedness, cannot accept that everything is being conducted, & dealt with, in a manner totally beyond reproach. To those, I would say, go to the up & coming meeting, listen to what has been achieved, where the benefits are going, then SHUT UP !!
Again, congratulations, & apologies for rambling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf