Author Topic: An email for animal aid.  (Read 1446 times)

Offline vinvola

An email for animal aid.
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »
An email from a concerned holiday maker. I trust Animal Aid will do their stuff.
The sender of this email is curious to see if anyone can do anything about this dog and will follow the topic online.

Hi,

I have recently stayed at the Marcan Hotel in Hisoranu and was disgusted to see that a dog (alsation/german shepherd looking breed) which belonged to the Hotel was chained up to a tree on wasteland at the back of the Hotel (an old basketball court).

The chain was only 5 foot long, and the dog had no access to a constant water supply.  It was not taken off the lead at all while I was there (10 nights).  It had inadequate shelter and had dug a hole to sleep in to keep cool.

I went to the dog one morning about midday to feed it and it refused the food as it was so thirsty.  I gave it two litres of water and it drank the lot, I have NEVER seen a dog so pleased to have water.

I think a local man was visiting it but only once a day when it fed the chickens in the same compound.  If he gave it water it wasn't much and as it was in a plastic bucket the dog was knocking it over and having to wait 24hrs for his next visit and water supply.  There were loads of buckets around the dog - all with holes in???? I found one without and filled it up for him.

It was pooing and weeing in its 5 feet area and therefore laying in it too.  I mentioned the dog to various members of staff at the Marcan and have also emailed them since I returned home to the UK.that it was very upsetting to see this whilst on holiday.  My children and the other party with us were disgusted.  One member of staff at the pool bar told me it was let off once a week, but I never saw this.

It is such a friendly dog despite its dire circumstances and I am contacting you and wondered if this is anything you can help with???

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
An email for animal aid.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:27:22 AM »
There is now a charity being set up to cover that area, I will forward your message on to them and see what happens ;)

Thank you for your concern.

Offline vinvola

An email for animal aid.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:48:55 AM »
Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf