Author Topic: How much are Free Crisp?  (Read 3965 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
How much are Free Crisp?
« on: September 24, 2011, 14:09:02 PM »
We went to Kipa today (just for the experience, nothing like Tesco) I bought a packet of crisp, the label wrapped neatly around the packet declares 25% more, the packet cost 2.50TL, walking around the shop spotted same packet with no 25% more sticker for 2.00TL.  
On closer inspection noted that the packet containing 25% was indeed not FREE but just a bigger bag and you pay for it.
This got me thinking, so decided then to nip to Tansas just to look and see the items they were selling with the stickers, low and behold they are all doing it.
Beggar me! all these years I thought that I was getting 25% extra free when all along I was paying for it.[:o)] ;):D 8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 14:52:29 PM »
Did it actually say '25% extra free'? If not then they are just stating that it's a bigger packet really.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 15:33:24 PM »
I was in our local co-op today and sugar was 62p for a 1 kilo bag or 198p for a 2 kilo bag. Which 2 bags of sugar do you think I bought ?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 16:10:41 PM »
I bought a pair jeans that were marked 20% off but when I got home they were the same length as my other ones

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 17:38:35 PM »
Just checked a packet, give them there due it does state 25% Advantajl.  When we purchase something in the UK with stickers declaring 25% it usually means 25%more free (ie: free for promotion)as the stand in the shop clearly states "promotion" I stupidly took it to mean the same in Turkey (how bloody ridiculous of me), but then again I have blindly been doing this in Turkey for the last 10years or so.

So the bottle of Efes (I don't drink yet so many members relate better to Efes than food) states 25% ekstra, the normal bottle cost 2tl the ekstra 2.50tl. just remember you are paying for the extra, even if it is on promotion.

The moral of this tale is:
When in Turkey you really do not get something for nothing. no matter what the goods.  

;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 18:10:42 PM »
Yes but perhaps the same is true in the UK. I saw Pringles in Tesco, buy one get one free, £1.99 - £1 a go is pretty good, but who ever pays £1.99 for one?? Also the wines in Tesco, I buy a lovely cabernet sauvignon for a fiver and have done since we moved back here. I was shocked to see it at £9.99 - then a week later all became clear - there is was in the "Tesco Half Price Wines" promotion - at £9.99 £4.99.

You don't always get something for nothing in the UK too Lozzo  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 18:31:00 PM »
I know, but Kipa had air conditioning ;) and I refused to leave so had time on my hands:D
I did read on the forum that Tansas had a sale of 25%off on Wines, but difficult to notice this when the original price is not shown. but hey ho they did have the air conditioning on full too 8)

Kipa Advert board slogan should read;
Kipa, part of Tesco, different in every way, including higher prices.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 23:18:44 PM »
For example - tea bags

10% bigger bag actually meant just that a 10% bigger bag.

Not 10% more tea in the bag... which is what we are meant to think.

This was a PG Tips advert with the chimps back in the day...

It's just a con I saw exposed on a TV programme talking about marketing tactics.

Another one was when buying a car a salesperson would imply a car (another more expensive car) is out of your price range... guess what, that's the car almost always sold to the buyer!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 23:19:40 PM by nichola »

Offline Dutchie

How much are Free Crisp?
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 08:48:08 AM »
The fine print on the crisp label says that it is e.g. 25 procent more advantegeous than smaller packages.

Ridiculous.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf