Author Topic: Akinlar School  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Julesp

Akinlar School
« on: December 01, 2011, 21:34:27 PM »
FiG today again visited a school up in the mountains beyond Tlos.Just a few photos again to give people an idea of the type of schools we like to help

The Main School Building

Some children in the jumpers that people knit for us to give

Lunchtime and this is the dining room, the chickens certainly love it

Playtime in the playground

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Akinlar School
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:47:15 AM »
Nice one , the jumper photo made me think the kids were really sad but the kids were obviously overwhelmed with the jumpers , but in the lunchtime/playtime photos -they look a real happy bunch. Well done FIG!

Offline Julesp

Akinlar School
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Nice one , the jumper photo made me think the kids were really sad but the kids were obviously overwhelmed with the jumpers , but in the lunchtime/playtime photos -they look a real happy bunch. Well done FIG!

The ones in the jumpers were from the nursery class, they werent sad Just a bit bemused because the teacher wanted them to line up for a photo shoot while the others were playing!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Akinlar School
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
Some of these children havent met English people before either and like Julie says sometimes they are bemused by the visits but always end up smiling.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Akinlar School
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 13:36:12 PM »
Really wonderful pictures - and well done as always.

I wonder what their Turkey will look like in 30 years?

Offline grizabella

Akinlar School
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 16:45:04 PM »
So nice to see some of the jumpers I've knitted over my 3 years here being worn by the children.I've always wondered what they thought of some of the weird and wonderful patterns I've conjured up,their faces faces say it all!Ha!Ha!Well done F.I.G.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Akinlar School
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 17:40:55 PM »
Their schools are worlds apart from ours. I bet they don't have the pc brigade re wording their nursery rhymes and re naming their "chalkboards" etc like wot we dun wen we wos at skoool.
Well done Fig it must be really rewarding as the help given is so needed and evident.

Offline terrie

Akinlar School
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 17:54:36 PM »
Ahhhhh what lovely pics and such sweet faces.
Fantastic job done by all x

Offline Julesp

Akinlar School
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 22:54:17 PM »
When we visited this school we found that the roof was falling in and there was nothing covering the floors

No dining hall except the few old desks on the terrace as you can see from the photos and lots of work needs doing, But the headmaster is hopeful that the government will soon knock the lot down and they will have a nice new building, for that reason he didnt want us to spend any money on a refit. But he did say he wanted his pupils to experience and see places they had never seen before, including seeing the sea and playing on a beach

For that reason we have been working hard all week and now we have 42 children coming by coach to Fethiye to experience all those things!
They will visit the museum, walk along the marina to see the boats, have a happy meal in Mc Donalds, I know that s not pc but these children will maybe not ever do again in their lives! Followed by an afternoon on Koca Calis Beach at Mutlu Restaurant where they can play and we will also supply glue and paints etc so that they can have a craft lesson in making rock animals which they can take home as a souvenir of the day

Cant wait to see their faces when they see the sea

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Akinlar School
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 23:03:41 PM »
Heartwarming is an over used term, but in this case is totally, totally apt.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf