Author Topic: Abandonded dog  (Read 15681 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 14:45:29 PM »
Sally Ann from ovacik is also going down there to investigate and taking some food and water :)

Thanks Sally ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 16:04:21 PM »
Just had a reply from Sally Ann, she saw the vicious dog but went into the complex and spoke to the maintenance man who told her nobody was there, she investigated further around the hotel, no dogs or puppies were found.

Well done Sally Ann ;)

Offline june

Abandonded dog
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 18:36:50 PM »
So what about the viscious dog has he got food and water?

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 20:13:48 PM »
I am sorry if this has been a wild goose chase but I had to act on the information I was given.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 19:10:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Just had a reply from Sally Ann, she saw the vicious dog but went into the complex and spoke to the maintenance man who told her nobody was there, she investigated further around the hotel, no dogs or puppies were found.

Well done Sally Ann ;)

People may like to know that although it is confirmed that there is no dog or puppy at the hotel, this person is coining it in pretending that there is, and it is being "kicked and being left to fend for itself". Even today they are actively seeking donations to help this puppy (that doesn't exist).

I pointed out using the facebook link that there is no puppy tied up and I was told to "shut up" and later deleted.

http://savedaisy.chipin.com/mypages/view/id/f9cc9468dba901f0

I asked the "official" Facebook group of the "T.A.G Charity" in Ovacik if they supported this person seeking cash to save a non-existent puppy (because this individual claims they do) and my question was deleted within minutes.

Beats fashion shows I suppose. Make up a story about a dog getting kicked around and neglected, take money from people who care genuinely about animal welfare - but for a cause that simply doesn't seem to exist?

Merry Christmas :-\

Offline ceni

Abandonded dog
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 21:16:09 PM »
They should be ashamed of themselves, but then people will do sick things if they think there's a few lira involved, having read the page it looks like a good way of getting a flight to Turkey paid for eh?

Unless this puppy sh*ts gold, the first person who went to try and give it a new home would of been given it, I lived in Turkey long enough to know the way the hotels work, get a pup for the site and let the tourists help with it's upkeep. At the end of the season, abandon the poor little mite.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 21:26:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ceni

it looks like a good way of getting a flight to Turkey paid for eh?

Nail hit on head. I note since my questions were deleted and I was told to "shut up" this individual has posted (probably worried there won't be enough donations to pay for in-flight meals) - saying that "If i thought that for 1 minute i would not put my charity name to this ~ ...Karen T.A.G"

This is funny because the Facebook page for this T.A.G ("Turkish Animal Group") has not one single mention of this puppy, this individual or indeed this appeal for donations. They'd surely be screaming from the rooftops on their page about a neglected, tied up dog who is being kicked regularly - but no, not one word about it whatsoever. That is at least odd! See for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turkish-Animal-Group-TAG-Dog-Adoptables/193092287368884

As I mentioned earlier, I posted on the "official" T.A.G. page asking if they endorsed this plea for donations, as the individual asking for money claims they do, and my question was simply deleted from there too.

Offline ceni

Abandonded dog
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 21:54:28 PM »
I noticed that too, I spent time looking for any other info on the "abandoned puppy in Olu Deniz" on the TAG site, but there's nothing there at all. For someone who's so manic about saving every dog in Turkey, I found it very surprising that the pup isn't mentioned on her site at all.

Personally I think that the fact that they are removing all your queries about the pup is proof that something is not quite as "up front" as it should be.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 00:16:02 AM »
This is outrageous - earlier to day I happened by chance to notice an advert for money for this puppy on the Free the Oludeniz Dolphins group wall and posted that there is no puppy.

I also contacted a member of the group and pointed out that two people had been to look for this puppy to no avail.

I have now posted and ask the admins to delete this spam message asking for money.

The whole thing is totally despicable.

Offline cheers

Abandonded dog
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 00:52:44 AM »
What amazes me is that the problem with the 'Puppy' tied up was posted originally here on CBF on 9th December and within hours it had been investigated and found to be a 'Hoax'!  

Before just copying and pasting on FB maybe people should check if the story had any creedence or not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf