Author Topic: Abandonded dog  (Read 15682 times)

Offline Hotmama

Abandonded dog
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2011, 19:41:39 PM »
I see that there is further discussion of financial shenanigans of Karen Lowrie Wren / T.A.G here http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/back-room/55116-karens-lie-s-about-me.html (I hope its not against the rules to post that link.) AA gets a mention.~

It had never really occurred to me that these appeals may not be genuine. I will continue to support AA as I have meet many of the guys and can see the good work that they do.

Offline ceni

Abandonded dog
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »
I think this thread and the one on TLF has moved a lot further on from the abandoned pup now, it would seem that KLW's "charity" has been blown out of the water, it would seem she owes a lot of people both in Turkey and Bulgaria a lot of money for services they supplied to her that she will not pay for. Her pattern seems to be, once a bill is due to be paid she will then start bad mouthing them and use her lies and deciept as a excuse for not paying.

It would seem that her original shelter was in Akbuk, but she borrowed money from a local vet and then started her usual M O, started collecting donations to build another shelter (possibly on outskirts of Didim) she's collecting 1000's and 1000's of dollars in donations from people to not only fund this but pay wages to the man who owns the land these kennels have been built on to the tune of £1000 a month, an exceptional wage by Turkish standards for keeping a space for a few dogs! I'm sure you will agree.

I find it amusing that KLW will only appear on the TLF forum to continue her abuse of the people she has sh*t on. I also find it a great pity and frustrating that the people who are regularly being hoodwinked by this woman can not be warned exactly what they are getting themselves into when they offer to help her either by "adopting" or donating to her farce of a charity!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:50:37 AM by ceni »

Offline Old Daffodil

Abandonded dog
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2011, 15:30:18 PM »
If she is raising money through her Facebook page by posing as a charity would Facebook be able to do something about her page being used for illegal purposes.

Offline Hotmama

Abandonded dog
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2011, 20:47:23 PM »
I think the page has been reported by a number of people now.

Offline Julesp

Abandonded dog
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2011, 23:05:27 PM »
If she is posing as a charity here in Turkey She can easily be found out

Offline cheers

Abandonded dog
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2011, 00:44:27 AM »
I got this reply from my complaint.  Says it all:

Jessie Rescued

Please do not post things like this, we are a reputable charity that saves many lives and what you are saying is objecionable, you do not know the full facts.

I didn't know dogs could speak???

Offline chris2158

Abandonded dog
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »
as I understand it having followed threads on TLF too ( with over 350 posted replies on it ! ) they are NOT actually a registered charity - so why does she say they are ?. Their FB page says non profit organisation & group - if not a particularly transparent one . No mention of the word charity on their official website either & no registration number. Its a shame that their name is currently being dragged through the mud when simple answers to genuine questions & concerns could have stopped it all. I am sure their intentions are honest but they have done themsleves absolutely no favours whatsoever I still fail to understand the logic behind spending thousand of pounds to save a few dogs  by sending them to Uk wehich has its own stray dog / euthanasia problems when so many more could be helped here with those funds. Madness

Offline Hotmama

Abandonded dog
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2011, 09:23:22 AM »
I completely agree chris2158.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf