Author Topic: Abandonded dog  (Read 15675 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 01:44:47 AM »
I wasted several hours checking out and following up this story that came to me via a trusted source although I was suspicious that the person who claimed via my source to have tried for weeks to contact me.

As up until today anyone could message me on Facebook I found this somewhat suspicious. However I and others gave their time to look into this. We all reported back that there was no puppy.

My attention was drawn to this again when I saw the money scamming group posted on the Free the Dolphins Facebook page. Obviously no hotel is named on the group as there is no puppy.

I am pretty dam mad about this - it is hard enough to raise money for any cause without people playing on others emotions.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 01:54:13 AM »
Linda Trup Nee Ellis (Facebook) is the name of the person who alleged she had been trying to contact me.

Offline booo

Abandonded dog
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 06:00:37 AM »
You could report the page as spam/scam on facebook if it is misleading people to get money

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 06:34:44 AM »
I have also left some messages which have been deleted which suggests something is not quite right.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »
Karen Lowrie Wren - Are you for real, tell me how dare you write all this over my wall which is for animals..i have a dog shelter in turkey with 40 dogs in it, full approval of the beledyire and the vets, and the presidence, you have no idea what you are talking about, Now if you wish i report you for harassment i will..Goodday..
4 minutes agoAndy Trent
where is this shelter?
about a minute agoKaren Lowrie Wren That is no concern of yours, i keep my dogs very well protected, as i said i have full approval from the government and that is all i need, I have dogs rehomed worldwide, street dogs/cats - 67 animals to different countries to homes, most of that money from my own pocket, so i want you to report me, go ahead, how dare you all do this, i try to help 1 woman rescue a dog, turkish ppl have told me the dog was moved, still owed by the hotel and that is all i have right now, i think it a total disgrace that grown men and woman can behave in such a manor..good day .

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 07:00:04 AM »
Where is this manor?:D

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 07:43:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

Linda Trup Nee Ellis (Facebook) is the name of the person who alleged she had been trying to contact me.

That is the one who contacted me.   Post deleted on FB

Offline ceni

Abandonded dog
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »
My message to them has been removed also.

I can't believe the depths some will go to get money.......bloody parasites!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Abandonded dog
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 08:49:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by booo

You could report the page as spam/scam on facebook if it is misleading people to get money

I have reported most of the posts made by the individual on this page as a scam (click on the X when hovering over the message). I am unable to write anything since my posts were deleted and there is actually no reply box when I view.

Keep it going guys, seems people are beginning to realise they have been scammed. Of course it might all be true, the puppy nobody can find might be there, this individual might indeed have a dog centre with 40 dogs in it that nobody has ever heard of or seen which he/she runs from the UK and all these donations might go to help needy animals...

Offline ceni

Abandonded dog
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »
Same here Scunner, my message with questions have been removed too and the reply box has been removed, so has my message on the TAG site.

So I've put it on my own FB page, hopefully others will C&P it or share.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf