Author Topic: 3 Weeks in - Our Running Total Is...  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
3 Weeks in - Our Running Total Is...
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »
Including Paypal, direct to bank account, given in to 3C Shop, and Barbara & Anne's very successful coffee morning (thanks ladies)...

£1,942.51

Amazing stuff!!! Thank you to everyone who decided to help us make life better for the kids (and staff) at this shockingly basic and crumbly school. But we still need more of you to help, if you want to make life a whole lot nicer  :)

It has been agreed that we need to allocate the money in a smart way - no point having nice new slippers on a dusty and damp floor for example - so I will be crossing off the carpets - and all these musical instruments and art & craft goodies need somewhere to put them away into - you get the idea  :)

Many, many thanks to each and every member who donated. Forget every pound, every penny makes a difference and every penny will go to buying the things needed.

Scunner

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!  (and yes I am shouting Keith :D)

A wonderful result in such a short space of time.  I can't wait to see some of the other items crossed off the list with the unspecified money and we can then start ordering the goods from the suppliers and getting them out to the school. We will also get a few photos taken so people can see what they have bought.

Despite this great result so far, we still have a considerable way to go to complete this project. If you have not yet donated but would like to help you can donate through Paypal (instructions at start of main Bozalan thread) or if you do not have a Paypal account donations can be made into a Uk bank account.  Please e-mail Keith or myself for details.

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 18:09:32 PM »
Wow!!!!!!!!!  What can I say other than keep it up. See ever pound or lira does make a difference

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 18:33:53 PM »
Well done everyone, :) I feel very humbled by these children & staff having so little, whilst in the uk we seem to have so much, I know times are hard over here but they do seem for these folk a whole lot harder indeed.And when I see what gets thrown away in schools here with no thought of it being offered to charity or children's homes it does make me a little cross. :(

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 19:04:28 PM »
Well done to all.

Bruce

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 20:19:02 PM »
Fantastic effort, well done to all. It will be good to see the 'after' photos.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 22:44:19 PM »
I forgot to say that anyone in Turkey can make a donation to the CBF Bozalan project at the 3C's charity shop at Eyna  Restaurant during opening hours on Mondays and Fridays from 11.00 to 2.00 pm.  If you give your donation to a 3C's committee member you will be given a  receipt for any donation made.  We will need to know if you are purchasing a specific item on the list or if it is a money donation towards an unspecified item. We also need to know if you mind your name being mentioned on the forum or if you wish to remain anonymous.  We can then pass on all of this information to Keith.  

Offline retiredandlovingit

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 06:52:46 AM »
Fantastic ammount

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
Fantastic - Well done to you Keith and everyone else involved & who has donated ...... If you haven't Give Give Give ..... a £5 donation from you all would make so much difference to these children .... xx

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »
A fantastic start everyone but please keep those pennies rolling in:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf