Author Topic: Coming out on Tuesday  (Read 2910 times)

Offline SteveJ

Coming out on Tuesday
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
and will probably have some spare room in the old suitcase for 'stuff' that's not too heavy. I was intending to pack in some colouring books, pencils, pens, felt tips, crayons etc but you might already have a mountain of these.  I'll make a monetary donation to Tinx whilst I'm there so I was thinking on more practical lines, is there anything that you are in desperate need of?

Offline Pi55y

Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 22:27:03 PM »
Hi Steve, thank you for offering to help.

Although we have had some lovely donations of stationery items recently we still need more as there are 30 children and it would be nice to give them a set of things each. So we could still do with more pencil caes, lead pencils, coloured pencils, felts, rubbers, pencil sharpeners and suchlike.  These are small things that would fit easilly into a case and are not too heavy . They appear to be much cheaper in UK than here.  We can then start crossing these items off the main Bozalan list. We also still need a few more glove puppets as these are a useful form of roleplay for the children.

Whateever you manage to bring out will be gratefully accepted and will really help the children. Donations can be dropped off at the 3C's charity shop at the Eyna restaurant during opening hours or at the Eyna restaurant if the shop is closed.  Just mark it as Bozalan School donations and leave a note of your name so we know who they are from.

Thanks

Chrissie :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 17:20:51 PM »
Well done Steve although for a minute....... 'coming out on Tuesday' did make me wonder.

Offline SteveJ

Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 18:27:28 PM »
:D

Haven't been able to find any glove puppets I'm afraid but plenty of the other stuff coming over. I'm sure that some "handy with the needle and thread" members will be able to knock out some glove puppets and get them sent over with the next available "glove puppet" mule.

Just a thought  - would an old roll of wallpaper be of any use for the kids to paint on? Yes - I did have a deprived childhood  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 18:48:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJ

would an old roll of wallpaper be of any use for the kids to paint on?

??? :D

Offline SteveJ

Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 23:12:24 PM »
As I've told you many times - on the backside Keith. :D

Offline Pi55y

Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:28:14 AM »
Hi Steve, I did post the other day but think it may have been lost with the server problems.

I picked up a carrier bag of coloured pencils,pastels, colouring books etc from the shop a few days ago.  As there was no name on the bag, I am assuming that they were from you.  If they were, a big thank you on behalf of the kids at Bozalan who will be very happy to receive them :D

Offline SteveJ

Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »
Hi Chrissie - if you are referring to a green ASDA bag then that was mine. The guy in the Enya did put a sticker on it with my name but it must have fallen off.

Offline Pi55y

Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 19:19:21 PM »
A green Asda bag for life it was Steve - thank you very much :D

Offline maria1949

Coming out on Tuesday
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 15:43:09 PM »
Not coming over until end of May but i have got some pencil sharpeners,rubbers,coloured pencils and a few other bits,hope they will be ok until then.Will drop them off at the shop,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf