Author Topic: I-Pads....  (Read 2893 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
I-Pads....
« on: April 25, 2012, 16:07:09 PM »
sorry to repeat myself (put a similar post elsewhere and cant remember where now!) but does anybody know if there is an Apple shop anywhere in the region?  Also, does anybody know if Ipad sim cards can be bought to provide the new ipad with 3g....we have just bought a new ipad and have been advised that we can purchase a sim card for use with the Ipad, which allows us to pick up internet anywhere....thanks for info.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
I-Pads....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 16:16:25 PM »
I think the Ipad sim card is the same as in the Iphone? The Vodafone shop in Fethiye have a neat little device that cuts a full size sim card into a micro card. Worked a treat in Chris's Iphone.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
I-Pads....
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 16:39:20 PM »
Thanks Rimms.....its probably one and the same thing then :) Is Chris able to pick up internet anywhere at all with it?? And have you any idea how much they cost? In the UK, they cost £5.00 for 30 days coverage...thanks for any info.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
I-Pads....
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 16:50:30 PM »
Just be careful though as it is a sim card (the same as a mobiloe phone one) and this might mean your ipad would have to be registered like mobile phones are. If not you might find it will be blocked after a few days.

I would personally forget the sim for Turkey unless you need to download when not on wifi. It will cost you and you might find you get blocked unless you register the ipad.

Just use wifi when you go for a meal or a beer  :)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
I-Pads....
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 16:51:16 PM »
It cost about 70 lira and I think is related to how much 3G data you use and calls you make, of course if you are anywhere with WiFi you can browse all day without charge. Vodafone were pretty good but be prepared to wait !

Offline johnboy1967

I-Pads....
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 19:50:28 PM »
And the nearest Apple store i believe is in Istanbul......

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
I-Pads....
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 16:42:58 PM »
think we will stick with the wifi then!! thanks for info...

Offline Bluwise

I-Pads....
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 21:37:13 PM »
Sue, I went to see Baris at Avea in Fethiye and he sorted a mini sim out for me for my ipad.  It was enough for the two weeks use for emails/browsing etc and cost I think about 70 lira initially then you pay for top ups.  It had to be registered and although you are supposed to be able to top up on line, I can't figure it out so when we return, I just go back and Baris does it for me for about 10 lira.
Sorry to be a bit vague but I haven't a clue on the detail - it works and that's all I know!
You do have to take your passport in for registering as you get a turkish mobile number too as part of the deal.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf