Author Topic: sunset beach & Hanel Homes  (Read 4586 times)

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
sunset beach & Hanel Homes
« on: June 30, 2012, 09:53:02 AM »
Hi, any advice greatly recieved ! We are looking at buying a property at Sunset Beach.  I understand these are built by Hanel Homes. Can any owners tell me if they are pleased with theie propert build and if Hanel have been good at putting things right if there have been proplems. We like the position of Sunset being so near the beach, but if anyone can recomend simular pleade let me know. We will need to rent out the appartment to help finance it.
Thanks Diane

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: sunset beach & Hanel Homes
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:58:38 AM »
Hi Rusty
There is loads of info on here about Hanel Homes.  Most of it not good.
Use the search facility, top of page, third from the left and you'll find some interesting reading.
I can't comment personally as we didn't buy from them so can only go by the information on here.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
Some interesting reading to start with: http://calis-beach.co.uk/forum/buying_property_calis_beach_fethiye_and_turkey/hanel_houses_group_discussed_uk_parliament_45908.0.html

I would also have to say that needing a rental income to finance a property purchase abroad is a very risky game indeed - epspecially in these difficult times, so be careful. All the negatives done with, it's a nice location and we have a number of onwers on CBF who have bought there who I am sure will be along to tell you all about it  :)

Offline mac2010

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:10:02 AM »
One of my friends owns a villa on sunset.He has owned it for a few years and does not have agood word to say about Hanel.Their after care service does not exsist and if they do come and repair anything it is never done properly.But saying that he loves the villa and the location.

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 13:50:49 PM »
We own a villa on a different Hanel development. We love our villa and the complex but some of the repairs during the warranty period to our villa were paid for by ourselves. Hanel walked after 3 years ignoring the fact our warranty was for 5. They had a few particularly unpleasant characters working for them and some that just told you anything you wanted to hear. I think if your read the link Scunner has added you'll understand why you should be careful.

Relying on rental income is risky as there are so many properties available and bookings seem to be down according to some of the owners on our complex.

Unfortunately Hanel aren't the only developers with a bad reputation.

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 13:54:28 PM »
Hanel no longer exsist here in Calis. They have moved to Bodrum where they are operating under another name. I live on a Hanel built complex and there is no after care, but I believe Hanel were only providing it for 5 years (even though they disappeared before then) so I think Sunset wouldn't have any now anyway.

The houses are (in my opinion) poorly built and many of the houses in our complex have had to have new roofs. They also suffer from the patios being built incorrectly so when it rains the water comes into the house, and many, many more issues.

However, if I had my time again, I wouldn't buy a new property from a developer and would prefer to buy a property that is established. You may find that the house you are considering is in good repair and has been maintained and many of the issues such as a leaking roof etc have been resolved.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 15:23:31 PM »
I wouldn't wish a property built by Hanel on my worst enemy.

Oh, I don't know though,   :angel:

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 00:24:42 AM »
Thanks for your posts! Hanel Homes don't appear to be very good with their after care, which isn't very good as the properties are supposed have a 5 year warrenty should any repairs be needed. We just fell in love with the complex when we stayed there and the style of the appartments & location. Can anyone tell me of your experiences of Sunset and if you are happy there Also, does anyone know of any other developments on the beach that anyone would recomend? As I said we would need to rent the appartment out and a company called Lebrentals and Joy lettings are on the site, are they reputable?? Diane

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »
We bought 2 properties from Hanel and the only thing I can say is they are really good at taking your money but any problems.....................well they are yours to deal with.  In the end you get fed up sitting in their offices waiting for someone who will deal with you and when that happen's it's all platitudes. 

Offline pvarley

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 12:25:06 PM »
We own a ground-floor apartment at Sunset Beach. We had some issues after taking possession and had to chase Hanel to put them right but in the end they largely did so. The one we haven't resolved is of an annual recurrence of (rising?) damp, though to be fair Hanel have never been able to see it because our rental company persistently made good in readiness for the season before we could get out there to show Hanel the problem (against our wishes). We intend to pursue it with them next year.
You should be aware that we (all owners) are presently in dispute with the former site maintenance company about an alleged debt. They "resigned" late last year and Hanel have stepped in with a manager and are reported (by others as we haven't been there) to be doing a good job and have got the finances under control. They are our allies at the moment and relations with the site manager are good.
We really like our apartment and SBC is a lovely place to stay.
If you do decide to buy on a complex, make sure you understand how much the site maintenance, council tax, electricity and water are going to cost and who controls the site maintenance purse strings. Ideally it will be the owners, who will have elected a committee to oversee the maintenance company. We are working towards that at SBC.
Finally, we have switched to Joy Lettings for rentals this season and they seem to be doing a good job. We have just received our first payment.
Peter

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf