Author Topic: A Very Important Bozalan Update  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Very Important Bozalan Update
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
I have today been arranging the latest transfer of funds (for the last couple of months) - money raised by CBF and it's members who paid up via the Paypal account. I was genuinely shocked to calculate that we have raised another
£629.74
to add to the pot. I need to have it confirmed but I think that means we can cross everything off the substantial list we started with.

It also does not include any donations that are handed in to the shop or to committee members in Calis - those will be added separately too.

We had a huge push when we started the special Bozalan School project and CBF member generosity was fantastic and we would like to again thank every single person who made a donation. One special mention if I may - to Mr. John Stephen, our Highlander, who has a remarkable talent (no not the one you showed us in Scarlett Bar John) - the skill to raise money here there and everywhere with his fund raising games and ideas. A significant amount of the figure above comes from donations from members playing his Euro 2012 and Olympic Medals games, and also from donations given for a copy of his restaurant guide.

For the second time this weekend, I write...

Well Done Us!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A Very Important Bozalan Update
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:25 PM »
Excellent news   :)

Offline cheers

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 14:04:06 PM »
Brilliant and special thanks to H who did indeed think of some very ingenious ways to raise money for the fund  ;D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 18:27:21 PM »
The school is going to be painted inside and out very soon and then they can lay the carpet before we go shopping for the slippers. Amazing result from very generous people. John is an absolute star. I hope he knows this.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 20:11:59 PM »
Nice one  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 20:16:29 PM »
Excellent!

Offline turkishrod

• Always have an escape plan
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 20:29:09 PM »
As Nichola said this is "excellent news". 

CBF members have supported this project with such enthusiasm and yes, a very special mention for John (Highlander) who has worked tirelessly raising money in various ingenious ways - thank you everyone !!!

What has already been completed has made a huge difference to the pupils and staff at Bozalan.

The various final aspects of the project such as the painting of the building are slowly being completed and I would hope that when the school re-opens after the summer break we will be able to re-visit and give an updated report and take some more pictures.

On behalf of the 3Cs Committee may I say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who contributed to this project   :)    :)   Well Done !!!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 21:20:17 PM »
Great stuff, well done everyone

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 21:44:41 PM »
I am of course very grateful to everyone who has donated to stuff I've done on here.

However.....I do have to say this to scunner (mercury, turkishrod and others)

Given that it is your Forum which provides me with the opportunity to give a little help to kids who are so much less fortunate than my own, makes me doubly grateful for your kind words.

And it was of course you, in conjunction with the wonderful Committee, who Introduced the 2012 Project - Bozalan School in the first place.

You were of course absolutely correct to thank every single person who made a donation but my special mention was not necessary.

The Euro2012 and Olympic Medal Games were moderately successful because both were “high profile and very public” because they were on the Forum. Lots of members saw them.

They were also devised from the comfort of my living room.

Yes, they may have raised a shilling or two, but they do need to be viewed against the months and months of graft done by the Committee members and against all of the administrative work by yourself. Much of this goes unseen and I am not sure that we members fully appreciate the huge amount of work that is involved. 

I have said before that if the committee keep providing the vehicle I’ll try and keep jumping on.

I was merely the bus driver of the Euro 2012 and Olympic Medal Games but it’s the people that got on board and paid the fare that deserve the praise.

If I can pinch a quote another member you here whom you may know “Don’t applaud me, this is me applauding you. A brilliant job well done – thanks again CBF members”.

PS I think I have explained before that my drink was spiked before that incident in Scarlett :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline busybee

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 23:34:49 PM »
The power of CBF Forum is amazing and reaches to dizzy heights and embraces people far and wide.  Highlander your ingenious ideas of raising money is obviously your forte and you could easily give up your day job unless you already have!!!  Bozalan is going to be a gem of a school up in the mountains and I cant wait to see the children in their refurbished environment.  Thanks to one and all who have donated to this so worthy cause.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf