Author Topic: The Famous Carrot Soap Lady  (Read 6446 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
The Famous Carrot Soap Lady
« on: September 29, 2012, 14:59:01 PM »
The Soap Lady famous for her soaps and her shop in Oludeniz, now has shop in Fethiye.  It's on the back street which has the Ing Bank on one side and De Facto on the other.  She is most famous for her carrot soap which is good for sunburn, but does a whole range of soaps for all sorts of skin conditions.  We were in the shop and she was really very helpful telling us about the soaps.  If you buy seven you get one free.   The clay soap is lovely  and suppose to be anti wrinkle.  She has leaflets in English which give descriptions of all the soaps and what they are good for.
I had to laugh as she had one to help baldness.  She told me if a bald man uses her soap and then goes to bed, in the morning he will wake up with hair like Bob Marley.. ;D :o :P 

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: The Famous Carrot Soap Lady
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 16:03:25 PM »
Well im bald Jacqui, started to lose my hair when i was about 30, im off there tomorrow to get a ton of it.  ;)  :)  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 18:35:48 PM »
how much are they per soap Jacqui do you know and does she do one for bingo wings? I noticed yesterday I am starting to develop them :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 23:37:13 PM »
This is the website so you can click into the soaps and see what they do.. prices also on site
http://www.soaplady.com.tr/
Des.. Stinging nettle soap for baldness.....   :)
Karennina... Carnation soap prevents skin sagging and wrinkling..... :-X

If it doesn't work don't blame me ;D

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 23:57:53 PM »
I bought some pomme gran soap home and its lovely, just wish i'd have bought more now,though dont know if it serves a purpose other than washing,

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
This is the website so you can click into the soaps and see what they do.. prices also on site
http://www.soaplady.com.tr/
Des.. Stinging nettle soap for baldness.....    :)
Karennina... Carnation soap prevents skin sagging and wrinkling..... :-X

If it doesn't work don't blame me ;D

Dont get em mixed up or you will end up with hairy bingo wings  :D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
Thanks for the link Jacqui I have had a look and she does have some lovely soaps on there and thanks for the tip for the bingo wings.  :)
Ha that was funny Bewva hairy bingo wings perish the thought  ;)
We also bought some pomegrante and other fragrances from one of the little gift shops on the Meeting Point road they were all 2tl and came in a box with a tiny Turkish eye hanging from it I bought about 10 to put in with people's Christmas pressies they all smelt gorgeous but there was no carrot one's. I am interested in trying that for the sunbathing she mentioned on her website  :)I love having an orangey tan (weird I know  :))and always use carrot oil after a few days of being in the sun I just love it,it's normally around 10tl a bottle in Turkey  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 03:14:54 AM »
Thought I would report on the carrot soap, we found the little shop in Fethiye and I treated myself to the carrot soap, I have to say I did get a little burnt on the beach one day and was quite tingly when i showered so i used the soap and did not rinse it off and the next day the stinging had gone, I have had compliments on the colour of my tan since being home so I am definetely a fan of this soap now  :) 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
Thanks for that Karinnina,  My daughter is over next week so am making a list for her, of places opened since her last visit, so will put this on the list.  I am pleased it's still in the same place as lots of shops seem to close or move.

Offline LoubyLou

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 15:04:13 PM »
Went into the Fethiye soap Lady shop in April - the soap lady wasnt there, but a very helpful chap was there. Soaps at 7ytl - i think there was an offer if you wanted 6, but I only wanted to try the famous carrot one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf