Author Topic: A day in the life....  (Read 2238 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
A day in the life....
« on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »

I think it was about mid daytime when Pauline took a call from a belgian lady, she found the brown puppy dumped on the roadside by calis beach after it had been hit by a car, by-standers were not interested >:(, Pauline went down there straight away and took the pup to Serkan vets where he was xrayed and found to have a snapped femur which needed an operation to straighten and repair.
I recieved a text from Serkan last night the operation went well    :) - still at Serkans but all being well Molly and Tony will take it in to care for it.

When pauline got back home I took a call from Eddie in Uzumlu about a dog that had been hit by a car the previous night :(, I got on the phone to Tony and Molly,they jumped in their car and collected it and brought it down to Serkan, (this is the black dog).
Thid dog was xrayed and found to have a broken hip but a clean break but as it is a young dog it should repair in 3 or 4 weeks time, we have it at our house at the moment but it needs a carer for a few weeks.    :)

While I was at Serkans awaiting the results of the black dog, Marian and David from Uzumlu rang me to say they had picked up a husky dog that had been knocked over in Gunlukbasi, the driver didnt bother to stop >:(, they brought it into Serkans wher another xray was taken and this time it had a snapped tendon in a front leg, he will do an exploritary operation this afternoon to see the damage, if it is a clean break it can be repaired if not it will mean an amputation :( this dog is now at Ovacik Sarahs for the night    :) we will keep you posted.

Patrick the dog that was shot in Ovacik is still doing well at Serkans after his operation and we have found a carer for him    :), The Yakamoz Hotel in Ovacik where he was found nearby have raised a substantial amount of money towards his recovery    :) and the B4st4rd that shot him should hear from the authorities today or tomorrow >:(

This is where all your money goes folks apart from looking after all the shelter animals, so please keep supporting our events we need as much as ever at the moment    :)    ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:22:05 AM by tinkerman »

Offline cobbydalers

Re: A day in the life....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:49:02 AM »
Mollie will do what ??????????? is there something Tony hasnt told me ??ha ha.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:10:11 AM »
oops :-[ ;D

Offline cheers

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:32:33 AM »
Please keep up the good work folks.  You are doing a fantastic job for these poor animals and special thanks to Serkan  ;D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 14:50:58 PM »
up-date... puppy not doing so well, keeps being sick and is now on a drip :(

Patrick is doing well since his op and goes back to his carer Sarah tomorrow  :)

The black dog is still with us and recovering slowly, going out for short walks but we have to take the weight off his back legs while her hip recovers  :) We think a friend of Serkans who knows the dog is going to have her.  :)

The husky is recovering from her operation quite well but early days, out in the garden now running around with a leg in cast and a lampshade on  :)

The Black labrador we picked up today has had its leg put in plaster and has recovered well and is with a lovely carer  :)

Please keep supporting us  :)  ;)  Animal Aid

Offline Ozzie

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 18:06:56 PM »
You guys do such a fabulous job.  Sorry to hear about the puppy being unwell - hope it recovers soon. Good news about Patrick going to Sarah's - sounds like he is making good progress. Pleased to hear Serkan may have found the little black dog a new home. The Husky is such an adorable little girl - pleased to hear she is running around - whoever takes her on full time will be a very lucky person - she is so friendly and has a lot of love to give. Good luck to the little black lab - hope recovery is quick x

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 19:39:11 PM »
As I said on FB, the Animal Aiders and Serkan are relentless in your work and caring.  What you do is legendary and I dont know where the animal kingdom in this area would be with you all.

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 21:36:46 PM »
Hope the puppy(Harry) shows some improvement tomorrow we,re looking forward to welcoming him as our new foster boy early next week. His welcoming commitee Sally,Honey,(the dogs)Amber,Roxie,Izzy and Alfie(the mogs) await his arrival as we do.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf