Author Topic: "Chill Out Calis" - tickets now on sale  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Pi55y

Re: "Chill Out Calis" - tickets now on sale
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 06:36:54 AM »
Hi Lotty I will put 2 tickets by for you and sort out when we meet up and collect the Promises when you get here.

Sorry you will miss it Doug - it should be a great afternoon and evening

Offline Lotty

"Chill Out Calis" - tickets now on sale
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 11:45:25 AM »
Thank you Chrissie.

Offline jerron

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 20:46:41 PM »
Hi

We are coming out to Calis on 12th May to stay at our apartment for a month.  Can you please reserve us 6 tickets for the Chill Out Calis Event.  We will pay as soon as possible after we arrive.  Many thanks.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »
Hi Jerron, we will make sure 6 tickets are put aside for you with your name on.  Are you able to call into the shop on either Monday, Wednesday or Friday this next week to pick up?

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 18:35:17 PM »
There are still a few tickets left for the Evening BBQ at Tuesday's Chill Out Calis event but you had better be quick if you want to go and eat.  Tickets are available at Guvens, the 3C's charity shop (tomorrow morning opening 11.00-2.00), Nil Bar and Kismet Bar or you can ring 0536 373 9520.  Please note  that seating for the evening entertainment will be reserved for those with BBQ tickets

Offline busybee

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:45 AM »
Calis chilled out yesterday thats for sure, it was a cultural feast on the beach.  Gordon's fab music, Bert singing fantastic Reggae, the Turkish dancing troupe which were amazing, Pavarotti was spine tingling, brilliant fire dancer and last but not least the lovely Shelly who sang her heart out.

I have tried to put photos on but my brain is toooooooooo fuddled.

No doubt about it a glorious success.

Mega thanks to all the above, Carol and Guven

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 20:27:19 PM »
Had the most wonderful day out since the Pirates boat trip yesterday.. There were nearly 200 people in and out between 3p.m and 1.a.m.. A cracking day of entertainment...Lots laughs and I was holding together until Pavarotti.. sang "Time to say Goodbye"!!  and I turned to Barrie and said yes it is then blubbered for half an hour.. It was a day just like the old days of the Carnival committee and the main early crew were all there... If anyone has never seen Bert fromThe Calypso bar in Hisaronu then you are mssing a great singer and night out.. Along with his son he was brilliant... Carol and Guven provide the Turkish traditional dancers for us and the fire dancer was fantastic.. Pav sang for us to great applause and then Shelly gave us an hour of her time impromtu.. Dancing and disco folloed with a firework display... Truly great day out and I feel like barrie and I went out on a high.. Happy happy days....

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 22:09:46 PM »
There may not be a Calis Carnival this year but Tuesday's Chill Out Calis Beach Party at Guvens was a great substitute with a great carnival atmosphere and everyone enjoying themselves.  As Anne says it was like the good old days when we used to organise the carnival, and watching the diverse entertainment was like being at one of the old carnival concerts.   

Bert was simply brilliant when he did an extended set in the afternoon: then in the evening you could have heard a pin drop when Pavarotti sang Nesun Dorma, Music of the Night and the tear jerking "Time to say goodbye". The fire dancer was amazing particularly when 3C's member Graham joined in, and then songbird Shelly sang her heart out.  Add to that Gordon's great music, the Turkish dancers and the great bbq and hospitality of Carole and Guven, it was great afternoon and evening and we thank everyone for their contribution or attending.  We expect to have raised about 1600 TL for the children which is great, but this event, which was the 3C's contributuion to FETAV Fest Week, was more about having a great time and helping to raise the awareness of FETAV who all of the charities legally work under. Without FETAV Foundation none of the charities could operate and we thank them for their support and help.

I have lots of photos and will put these on as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 22:52:17 PM by Pi55y »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 22:26:04 PM »
If the hard working members of the 3C's charity, along with everyone else, enjoyed the evening then it was a huge success.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf