Author Topic: completely fed up with dogs  (Read 15500 times)

Offline quackers

Re: completely fed up with dogs
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 14:11:09 PM »
I would not change ıt for the world BUT barkıng dogs are a nuısance and the ones near us are brıtısh owned. We have 2 dogs and they are only allowed to bark ıf someone ıs around near our property. If they joın ın the dog chorus durıng the day they are told to be quıet and they lıve ındoors with us at nıght. But then we are consıderate neıghbours.

Offline Bunnyhopper

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 15:10:10 PM »
Slartibartfast totallly agree with you, unless you walk the area a lot many will not have experienced what you and I have.  If only all the dogs were behind gates!!!  A lot just roam about, strays or pets that have been allowed out or escaped.  If you are lucky they just go for your shopping, if you're not, they'll go for you.  Not so bad in summer as lots more people about and the owners take more care, but in Winter, trust me if you go walking out in the more quieter parts of Ovacık, you never know what you might meet on 4 legs!
The ones behind gates can still scare you but atleast you suss where they are and try and deviate your route.
I used to live in Ovacık and it is a beautiful area and perfect if you are a keen walker.  But this is somewhat marred by all dogs roaming free.
And I am an absolute dog lover by the way.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 15:30:13 PM »
But you simply are not going to change it !!!
You either live with it or move elsewhere  :-\
Waking early to the Mosque, dogs and cockerels
is one of the delights of being in Turkey for us,
I'll let you know if it has changed 6 months in but
I bet it won't have (unless I get old and grouchy    ;) )

If you haven't got one within a short distance of where you are living then how you feel in 6 months is pretty irrelevant Kevin!

Accepting a dawn chorus, even cockerels - or the call to prayer (which to me is wonderful to wake up to) cannot be compared to a dog barking every time an ant farts throughout the night. Why should people just accept it because it is happening in a country that is not their native homeland? Consideration for neighbours is a worldwide thing.

I bet you a Turkish couple living in the UK wouldn't put up with it for long, and rightly so!!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 15:37:21 PM »
I wonder how people would feel if the same level of noise was geneated by, for example, loud music or a car engine being revving constantly throughout the night.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 15:48:46 PM »
But you simply are not going to change it !!!
You either live with it or move elsewhere  :-\
Waking early to the Mosque, dogs and cockerels
is one of the delights of being in Turkey for us,
I'll let you know if it has changed 6 months in but
I bet it won't have (unless I get old and grouchy    ;) )
Kevin you can change it report it to the Zabita they will visit the owners, our Turkish neighbour rang the Zabita 3 weeks ago because the frogs in the half full pool at the side of us were keeping him awake at night, the pool belongs to an English guy who comes just in summer. The Zabita came had a look 2 hours later a bloke came with some chemicals we never heard any more frogs.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 16:34:42 PM »
When I logged on the other morning and saw this post, I expected it to be someone in Babatasi complaining, I had been kept awake most of the night by a barking dog who then set all the others off.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 17:20:33 PM »
Maybe I'm just a tolerant kinda guy   :)
(Who  sleeps very deeply and gets woken before 6am every day by his two
Jack Russells - The best time of the day  ;D )

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 17:45:06 PM »
I have copy and pasted this from the internet but only because it is something I have tried and tested myself for years and it works for me and that includes barking dogs at night.

"How do you not let something bother you?

Your question is actually part of your answer; You are in control of your thoughts and moods; if you are bothered by someone or some thing, it's because YOU CHOOSE to let it bother you; otherwise, some one or some thing controls your moods and not yourself. If you can change what bothers you, then do so; If you cannot change it, then, realize it's in the same category with things like, the weather; you can't change it, so you adapt and accept it."

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 18:21:56 PM »
"If you cannot change it, then, realize it's in the same category with things like, the weather; you can't change it, so you adapt and accept it."

Hoorah !!! Common sense at last Nichola   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 18:25:35 PM »
"If you cannot change it, then, realize it's in the same category with things like, the weather; you can't change it, so you adapt and accept it."

As Karaokemark posted, you can change it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf