Author Topic: A home for a home!  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Pi55y

A home for a home!
« on: June 08, 2013, 13:16:35 PM »
You may remember that a few months ago, the 3C's were donated a lovely wooden dolls house complete with lovely wooden furniture to give to some suitable children in the local area.

We had been storing the house ready to give to the girls at the newly opened girls love house but then found out that the girls were a bit too old for the dolls house.

We then asked Kadriye at FETAV office if she knew of a suitable home for the house and she suggested that the nursery class at Gökben village school near Esenkoy village on the old Antalya road would be an ideal place. 

On Friday 3C's chairman Pete and committee member Susan went to the school with Kadriye to deliver the house and take sweets for the children.  The nursery class has 10 children but when our group visited there were only 3 children present, as all of the others, who come  from "yoruk" families,  had already left with their parents to walk to the high pastures for the summer with their sheep and goats.

The youngsters loved the house and it will be a lovely surprise for the others when they return in September. It will certainly be well looked after because our group saw that everything in the classroom, which we were told was fitted out from money left in the will of an English resident from  Esenkoy, was really well cared for and appreciated.

The pictures...........

Technical help from 3C's Susan!

The girl's dolls are already taking up residence in their new house!

Pahhh!  girls work!

Kadriye and the children

The teacher hands out sweets to the older children. 
Whilst we were visiting this class the teacher asked if we could possibly help to purchase a couple of whiteboards as she is presently chalking on a wall that has been painted black - I think we may be able to help    ;)

A nice visit - thank you Tina, I hope you are happy with the house's new home   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: A home for a home!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 15:50:35 PM »
Fabulous stuff ;D

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: A home for a home!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 12:22:42 PM »
Great, weldone yet again 3C's. 

I love Gökben village, beautiful village and the odd times I ventured to the one shop that was there, a warm welcome.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf