Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 22:15:26 PM »
This forum business is a bit new to me, and I'm replying to myself here, not really sure if this is the way to do it !!

That's how you do it! We all reply to ourselves now and again   :)

I'm sure you will love it - the most important regrets aren't some of the things you did, it's some of the things you didn't. Go for it and enjoy. I truly believe that everyone should live abroad at some stage of their life.

Offline mikrik

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 14:06:09 PM »
Hi Susie
In answer to your question about cars, it is quite expensive to own a car here and the petrol is very expensive, about 4.78 TL at the minute
There is a reasonable minibus service to Fethiye they charge 4 TL and run every hour.
I'm sure you'll love it here whether you buy a car or not

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 15:26:20 PM »
hi Susie and a warm welcome to the forum   :), I think that you have already found that there are some helpful members on here , I think that you are doing the right thing renting first to check things out .Hope we will bump into you at one of the local Bar /Restaurants  in October   ;) .Regards and best wishes
Calvin and Jill Metcalfe  :)

Offline Eric

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 21:54:29 PM »
Hi Susie, welcome to the forum and eventually to Uzumlu.  Ask all you want on here, someone usually has the right answer or can point you in the right direction.  There is also a Face Book page, if you are on FB, where you can also post questions;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/227863400672006/

Good luck, its not as daunting as you may think.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf