Author Topic: Is the customer always right??? Not in my local Garden Centre.  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
I bought a lovely long garden mirror that looks like a big window, from my local Garden Centre.  I was so pleased with it I decided to get another one for further along the garden wall.
I rang the shop.  I was told that there where none in stock and that they would be ordering more with a big order, but not yet.  I asked could I have the name of the stockist.  I was told someone would ring me back as they may be able to get the stockist to send just one.  No one rang me back.
I called into the shop yesterday.  I spoke to the Manageress, she told me that it was too late in the season to order more as the stockist required an order of £500.  I asked her for the stockists name.  She said they would not deal with me as they only deal with business people. I told her I had a business, so please could I have the stockist name.  No, she said she was not allowed to give it to me.  I explained there had been a label on the mirror and I could have got the name from that.  She told me to get the name from it, but, I had thrown the label away. 
I told her  I would not mind finding out they had made a profit, we all make profits and I promised i would not start to order all my garden supplies from this stockists.  She was adamant she would not give me the name.  After an argument where I explained I had spend a lot of money over the years in this shop, she said she would ask the owner and ring me today... Guess what?? No call.
I have searched the net to find a mirror like this one and there are none the same.  I am really annoyed that they could not get me one and will not allow me to try and get one myself. 
I feel like never using them again, but they have the only Garden Centre in the area....

Offline Fran

Is the customer always right??? Not in my local Garden Centre.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 18:30:47 PM »
Why not try phoning them again and pretending there is a fault with your mirror, and you want to sort it out with the manufacturer. It might just work.

Offline Brianbern

Re: Is the customer always right??? Not in my local Garden Centre.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 19:20:37 PM »
http://www.garden-mirrors.co.uk/ they have quite a lot & do bespoke work too!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 19:23:14 PM »
What ?? telling fibs now, surely a poor "reflection" on ones integrity !! Go for it !!  8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 21:17:17 PM »
Hi, Fran, I know this would not work.  I have had the mirror for three weeks now and they know I want the suppliers details. If I said it was damaged they would just take it back and give me a refund.
Brianbern,  I have seen that site and my mirror is not on there, but thanks anyway.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 23:02:28 PM »
Is the garden center part of a group so they may have one at another depot?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
No, it's privately owned.  It's ironically called "The Happy Plant" They have the total monopoly in my area as there are no other Garden Centres, the nearest thing to a Garden Centre is B.&.Q.
http://www.happyplant.co.uk/

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58:01 AM »
Why not post a photo of the mirror and maybe a member on the forum will know exactly where to buy or order the mirror.
Forgot to mention, there are loads on Ebay and a supplier to order any size garden acrylic mirror and make your own.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:52:03 AM »
Loz, your wish is my command.  I was hoping to get one the same before I try other avenues and I have looked at Ebay.  Thanks to everyone for suggestions up to now.

Offline jrichards1

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 11:06:25 AM »
How about a reclamation yard, or even making one Jacqui?

Plenty of options of wood, batoning etc at a DIY store and it would be of your choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf