Author Topic: The "Hollywood" names given to children will they stand the test of time?  (Read 6772 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
I knew a Theresa Brown, Ed Butt & A Pratt (Anne).

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
I used to work for social services in the Merseyside area and was told by a social worker that they had once had dealings with a family who had called their daughter 'Snow White' and that the gods honest truth.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
:o

I also worked with a guy who had the same surname as the tennis player, Gustavo Kuerten.

No word of a lie, we were all a bit surprised when he christened his daughter, Annette.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
There was a judge on the Midlands circuit who had suffered castration due to an accident when young.
His name was Justice Prick.---------------honest.     ;)  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Mercury, that one made me laugh out loud.
My daughter was told by a lady that owns a baby clothes shop in Kirkcaldy that she gets a lot of gypsies in. One woman came in with a baby in a pram and two small girls.  When the woman shop owner asked the new baby's name she was told it was Neo and what is your name she said to one little girl.  Beyonce she said, so she could not resist it she asked the little girl and her name was Shakira....

However, remember my Mother was Manager in the Bad Debt Department of a large furntiure shop in Liverpool two of her clients where Enoch Tarts and Aphelia Tickle.  In fact, my Mother brought a letter home from Aphelia Tickle saying she would not pay for her piece of furniture has she had sawdust in her drawers all the time...

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
I've known some kids with unfortunate initials, Wendy Chappell & Victoria Dugdale (the latter I confess is my God daughter), but probably the worst was the Carter family who named their poor kid Orson 'cos they were huge fans of Orson Wells!

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
My mates hubby wanted to call their son Obediah. She swiftly pointed out that it would be shortened to Obie. What's wrong with that he asked, she said nothing, except his surname is Wild.

Offline Shamless2

I told expectant Hilary that if it was a boy I wanted to call him Caradog Cadwaladr. She said she was only going to have girls. And so she did.
and what wrong with that ? It was my fathers name, but honestly thank god I was born a girl, because if I was a boy I was to be named Caradog too!!!!

Offline Menthol

I used to work for the National Coal Board many years ago and had the unfortunate job of paying redundancy monies to miners, steelworkers and shipbuilders.

I paid a Mr Tittensore and an Oliver Unt who never joined up his 'O' when he signed his name.

Then there were the Micock brothers, Alec and Aaron. Swear on the Quran, mi'Lord.

I recently became aware of a little brother and sister duo near me called Nike and Levi.

A young pregnant lady I used to work with toyed quite seriously with the idea of calling her unborn little girl Chlamydia as it 'sounded Greek'. She called her Elizabeth in the end.

Offline George Warner

Re: The "Hollywood" names given to children will they stand the test of time?
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 08:16:34 AM »
Antique shop in the South West owners name Robyn B'astard,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf