Author Topic: Car Breakdown....what happens if?  (Read 2570 times)

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
Car Breakdown....what happens if?
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:07:59 AM »
We were traveling late at night to Dalaman Airport and were wondering what would happen (heaven forbid) if our car broke down?.

Is there a local breakdown recovery service available?, or a National 'AA' or 'RAC' insurance equivalent available?  I did not notice any emergency telephone points on route and it would appear that no traffic police patrol the highways?

Any information as to who to contact or to what to do in the event of a breakdown, would be very helpful for our peace of mind.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Car Breakdown....what happens if?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:16:10 AM »
Our fully comp insurance gives us free breakdown cover with a number to call, the policy is from Allianz and is in English as well as Turkish.
Without that it may be worth going to the Sanay and asking for a card for one of the garages that do 24 hour breakdown service.
Mark

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
Perhaps if it was a rental car they would have a 24 hour Emergency number.

Failing that maybe a good prayer or two.      :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 13:12:28 PM »
The road between Fethiye and Dalaman mainly comes under the jurisdiction of the Jandarma except for a short section on the outskirts of Fethiye and another on the approach to Dalaman that come under the Polis. If you're using a hire car a phone call to hire company would be useful first and then a call to the Jandarma or Polis would be good.

There is a motoring organisation in Turkey similar to the AA but you need to be a member and be able to speak a reasonable level of Turkish.

If you're using your own car I would suggest that you keep the number of your local dealership on hand and, as Mark suggested, get friendly with one of the many garages on the Saniye in Fethiye that have someone who can speak English OR someone who can translate for you.

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »
Hi Guys.... thanks for your help and information.

My Axa insurance policy does state 'in the small print', that they will cover breakdowns, but it is vague in detail as to 'what happen if' with regard to contact phone numbers etc.

I will call into the Renault garage in Fethiye where I purchased the car and arranged the insurance cover, for further advice and clarification.
  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf