Author Topic: I'm fuming.  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: I'm fuming.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 16:57:38 PM »
Tread carefully though

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 17:03:22 PM »
A woman that knows how to check her tyre pressures ? You're a gem !    ;)

Yes, and when I met my husband, I had a car and used to pick him up and drop him off and when we got married,  I taught him to drive... Amazing what we women can do... ;D  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 17:12:28 PM »
I hate inconsideration by motorists - but last week someone took the pis biscuit.

I had to take one of the girls to the doctor, and as I turned into the car park there was a car parked between the full spaces and the doctor's building - meaning we couldn't enter and another car couldn't get out because this car was directly behind her, blocking her.

I saw they had a baby with them and although they were making us late, that did make me mellow a touch - they had obviously brought the car as close to the entrance as possible for the baby's sake. But they didn't make any gesture to suggest they realised they were preventing us entering.

The man stood outside the car as the woman wrestled with the pushchair, taking the baby out and quite obviously struggling to get the child into the car seat. Then once she succeeded, he stood there again watching her, while she folded the pushchair (several ways until she found the correct one), and manhandled it into the boot - again a struggle to find a way it would go in and allow the boot to shut.

Now you would have thought that a man, who's car is blocking an entire car park, would have put the pushchair in the boot while the woman was putting the baby in the car, but no - he just stood outside the car watching her struggle to do both tasks.

Then without an apologetic or grateful wave or acknowledgement, or even a nod, they both both got in the car and drove away.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 20:45:26 PM »
We live on a very busy dual carriageway. On Saturday morning having been supermarket shopping Mr W was on his way home , he was being tailed by someone in a hurry . He ( mr w) slowed down and indicated left in order to turn on to his (our) driveway. The inpatient motorist, pulled up and wound his window down and indicated he wished to speak with Mr W, by now on his own driveway. Having attracted his attention he then proceeded to berate the now incensed homeowner for having the audacity to slow down and indicate on a dual carriageway. Any one who knows him will by now by sucking air as they imagine the scene which followed. The cheeky f....r!

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 11:55:02 AM »
I know how you feel Cavfan. I live opposite a junior school, and the number of times I have come home and not been able to park outside my own house!!....and the worse thing is that the parents sit in their cars with the engines running....the fumes are awful. >:( :(

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »
It's all down to one simple thing that has occurred in the last thirty years or so, the loss of good manners and patience.

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 15:37:47 PM »
Have to agree with you there ubt! I know that it doesn't apply to everyone, but it costs nothing to be polite and show a bit of patience.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 16:30:11 PM »
Mr WB went to the jet wash today. There are two booths side-by-side and one is quite difficult to turn into because of the approach angle - it needs a bit of to-ing and fro-ing.

He pulled in behind the car in front which then went into reverse; Mr WB thought it was so that he could manoeuvre into the free (awkward-angled) booth and pulled back to give him some room.

Car kept coming. Mr WB backed up a bit more. Rinse and repeat. Finally Mr WB backed right out. The guy did the same and then pulled up, got out and came over screaming abuse at Mr WB for blocking him in and not letting him out quickly enough. Was he effing stupid, couldn't he tell that he effing wanted to get out of the effing queue, you effing d*&4head?

Erm - no, actually. You were in the queue for the jet wash so the assumption is you wanted to use it.
And does a 60-second delay really merit that kind of reaction?  :o :( : :)

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 22:25:13 PM »
Ha ha Maria, just seen your post, he should have set the dogs on the horrible man. But...........I can't imagine Mr W being anything less than civil !

Offline Menthol

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »
Ah, sympathies from this quarter, Mary.

I live directly next to a primary school. We do not have a driveway. I never even bother heading home between 3.00 to 3.45pm. And if there's 'something going off at school' after that time, it's a case of driving round until the event has finished or going to my Mums 4 miles away for the next hour.

And yes whilst very inconvenient, the road doesn't belong to me and people are free to park there. It's the people who BLOCK your car in during morning drop off that make me incandescent with rage. There's room for 3 cars where I park (between a drive way and yellow lines) but parents will try and get a further 4 cars in and are literally bumper to bumper with mine, front and back. They then swan off into school, drop off Damien and Chlamydia and then gas to fellow parents about last night's telly in the playground.

SEETHE >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf