Author Topic: Is "survival football" attractive?  (Read 3931 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: Is "survival football" attractive?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 19:50:06 PM »
and the answer is "Yes of course they do", otherwise what's the point of being a football fan?

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 20:01:05 PM »
I want to see my team play the best, and hopefully win. This is the same for any football fan, if its Manchester United, Chelsea or Accrington Stanley, it matters not. Good luck to any team fighting promotion or relegation, your fans deserve the best you can give them, not second best. If you achieve it, great, enjoy the ride. I know I am. Oh and good luck Burnley my favourite second club.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 20:13:07 PM »
I want to see my team play the best, and hopefully win. This is the same for any football fan

I am not sure about everyone SteveJ would settle for playing awful and scraping a 1-0 - which is where we clearly differ.

Although you need to have been down at the bottom to know the feeling - as I said earlier about my time with Oldham:

"Then 3 seasons in the first tier which were a real struggle and we usually got a battering every week. I went to almost every game and the disappointment driving back from Highbury and the like on a wet Tuesday evening after defending for 90% of the game but still losing by one goal was awful and repeated week after week!"

Like so many others we struggled after the Premiership and will likely never recover but maybe this is just a personal view with the benefit of hindsight.

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 20:30:22 PM »
Last time Burnley played in the Premiership it was a party atmosphere every week.
Even after going 6-0 down to Man City.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 20:38:13 PM »
I think some teams (and Burnley and Blackpool are in that list) don't have expectations and enjoy a season or two - but some fans really suffer.

I was at The Etihad to see City put 7 past Norwich this season and although they were singing at 3-0 and 4-0 they looked really peed off at 5,6 & 7 - as you would - and you had to feel for them - a long trip back from almost every ground and lots of those away days with no wins.

I know I am being unrealistic as everyone strives to get promoted but it is a bit sad masochistic for some fans :-)

PS apart from Robbie Blake goal moments :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf