Author Topic: Vinn wifi  (Read 37230 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Vinn wifi
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 17:08:30 PM »
you can buy the myfi unlocked so it will work with any provider i have bought a few of these from the uk these have external aerials to increase the range and speed well pleased with them i bought mine from the uk on ebay and also bought a turkcell one last year a very good buy

So Gary - forgive me if I am being "a bit thick" but could I buy one unlocked in the UK when we go home and use it in the UK and then in Turkey just put my Turkcell VINN dongle sim into the mifi - top up as usual - 79tl for 3 months and it would work in Turkey or does the device still have to be registered?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 17:35:37 PM »
Ian you need to buy and register in Turkey or it will be cut off. If you get an unlocked one you can use in UK.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 19:02:31 PM »
Ian, I have posted this before, buy the Turkcel MiFi in Turkey, use it top up not a problem, then I can confirm that it does not need unlocking in  the UK for 3Store network. I took it to a few shops looking to have it unlocked and they were not able to do it, but 3 store works not a problem. with 3 store you can register and pay online for Gb Data.

Buy one from the UK and take it to Turkey and it will eventually be blocked if not registered.   If you want to go that route and buy in the UK will the MiFi work with a Turkish Data Sim? 

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 20:08:11 PM »
It's because I am a cheapskate - I currently still use Connectify software (problem free) on my netbook with my Turkcell dongle - one off lifetime fee of about £15 (2 years ago) and it allows me to connect up to 5 devices using my netbook as the router. Quite happy with the speed as well all around the apartment on 2 floors - but I thought it might be useful to see if the mifi device gave me any advantages?

I can buy one for £25 in the UK - and that was worth a "punt" but at double that in Turkey it is too dear for a punt when I can currently connect 5 devices at home and can connect at most places we visit to eat on our tablets so I will leave it until I can buy it for £25 in Turkey - and then I will take a punt   :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 21:10:41 PM »
It's because I am a cheapskate

It slipped my mind for a moment   ;)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 23:10:27 PM »
I have just bought one of these to try with my Turkcell dongle. Don't know if it will work until the end of May.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360789648675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You could try one of these Ian, it's the cheapskate version if it works. I to use connectify but I have just got a tablet so dont want to take the laptop away with me. hence buying this.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 01:27:25 AM »
I have no great idea of the details of what you are discussing but I did see this, should it help:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/huawei-e5776-factory-unlocked-4g-mifi-mobile-broadband-amazon-1883977

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 07:46:39 AM »
I have no great idea of the details of what you are discussing but I did see this, should it help:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/huawei-e5776-factory-unlocked-4g-mifi-mobile-broadband-amazon-1883977

£76 - OMG - we don't all work in the oil industry you know :-)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 07:48:21 AM »
I have just bought one of these to try with my Turkcell dongle. Don't know if it will work until the end of May.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360789648675?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You could try one of these Ian, it's the cheapskate version if it works. I to use connectify but I have just got a tablet so dont want to take the laptop away with me. hence buying this.

£11 - now that's worth having even if its just to have a cheap gadget to play with - and it might work - but still not sure it has advantages over Connectify???

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 09:23:43 AM »
The advantages over connectify (if it works) are that it will sit there and act as a wifi signal so you can connect to it with other devices without the need to have your laptop on. With connectify you need your laptop on to have it operate as a hotspot.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf