Author Topic: Anybody help about televisions????  (Read 1402 times)

Offline superbike352002

Anybody help about televisions????
« on: June 26, 2005, 20:57:26 PM »
Hi everybody again,

I only seem to write when I want something but you guy's are always so helpful!!!

I need to know if UK televisions will work in Turkey as we have so bloody many in our house that the logical move would be to take one with us to our new home in Calis or do you have to have one over there??

If I have got to buy another one,then how much are they in Turkey???

Silly bloody question but don't fancy carting a portable tv through customs and then finding out it does not work!!!!!

Thanking you all in advance.

Best Regards

Dave Clarke.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 21:12:19 PM »
Hi Dave
You'd need to change the plug or use an adaptor but I've not heard anyone say they don't work.
Seems you pay alot of tax on electrical goods though so may not be worth your while in the long run.
Expect to pay around the same price as you would here for a new one.  Electrical things are not much cheaper in Turkey
Anne

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 05:11:10 AM »
You'll be wasting money and effort bringing a TV here.

Offline Sinbad

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 07:49:30 AM »
Also worth thinking about is that if it goes wrong early on you at least can have it sorted. Our stereo unit went on the blink on the last day of our trip last July but we took it back to Migros on our next visit in November and they changed it. Just keep hold of all purchase slips etc.

Offline glennat

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:53:27 AM »
Hi Dave,

I'm no expert on the matter, but I can say that Turkey is still very fussy about bringing electrical goods (and cars) into the country. As it is a TV, they will assume it is going to be left there permenantly. Because of that, they will charge you tax on its deemed value when new.

Others on this forum may be able to give more accurate info.

Glen.

Offline holidayworld

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 11:59:33 AM »
Depending on the price it may be better if you buy one here they are around £100 upwards, depending what you want.
Yes you can bring them over here I bought all of mine 6 that is when I moved here 2 years ago with all my electric equipment, If the customes see it's new they will tax you if you bring it over in your car do not have the original box as it will look brand new and that's why they tax you just say you are bringing it over to your hose or apartment and are leaving it here.

If you are moving don't bring anything really buy here it's easier for you really.

Hope that help's?

Offline john eadie

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 23:09:25 PM »
so can you bring 2nd hand televisions to turkey what about dvd,s and video players does the same apply i was told buy shipping company they were all taxed heavily can anyone confirm this    john.

Offline tony

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 23:29:50 PM »
we bought a combined tv/dvd paid about 20 pounds more in fethiye than at home after visiting every shop and believe me there are a lot, they delivered it, installed it, tested it and gave me three years gaurantee its not worth the hassle bringing one out.
Tony

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 23:35:31 PM »
John
It`s not worth your while bringing a television over with you, they are a lot cheaper here than in the uk.
DVD`s haven`t yet plummeted in price like the uk, but i expect they will though.
Video players are a rarity here, so if you can`t do without one, i suggest you pack one in your suitcase and bring it out with you.

Crabbit

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 06:36:44 AM »
You can get a Turkish made portable in Migros for 129YTL Imported brands are much more.
These are the Bandarola fees (tax) for some electrical Goods:
TV   Between 120 Euros up to 380 Euros depending on screen size
DVD          180
HiFi         180
SATELITE     300
VCR           70
Radio         50
So you will see unless you can get it into your luggage it is not really worth bringing.  The only exception could be a very large or expensive (Plasma type) TV. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf