Author Topic: Free iPad app to speed it up  (Read 2379 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Free iPad app to speed it up
« on: April 29, 2014, 12:18:33 PM »
Can anyone recommend a preferably free app for my iPad. It's unbelievable slow, I have very few apps and have deleted the ones I never use that I downloaded in my initial excitement of owning such a thing.

Of course it could just be my internet connection but I read somewhere that just like any computer lots of unnecessary stuff and cookies get saved.

Thanks

Offline dycedon

Re: Free iPad app to speed it up
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Most unusual for ipad to be running slow, would say it may well be your internet connection.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 13:42:24 PM »
Download Speed Spot for free and check your connection speed. That might give you an insight into the reason.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 15:23:46 PM »
It's probably the internet connection it does work more quickly at the restaurant than at home.

However I did find this when searching in line - how to clear cookies on your iPad. Quite straightforward but does also remove all save passwords and close down all open sites, and I do have quite a few permanently open at all times.

http://ipad.about.com/od/ipad_basics/ss/How-To-Clear-Cookies-And-Web-History-In-The-iPad-Safari-Browser.htm

Also this about how to search privacy mode that might be of interest.

http://ipad.about.com/od/ipad_basics/ss/How-To-Enable-Cookies-Turn-On-Private-Browsing-And-Other-iPad-Safari-Settings.htm

Thanks for the replies   :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 16:50:32 PM »
Yep I agree probably the core issue is broadband speed, but you can tweak a few things as listed here to get some improvement.

Since the war was declared on YouTube and other internet services here in Turkey, when the various ISPs complied with the government request for greater control of how and where Turkish people can use the internet, the performance of my broadband has gone from poor to a level where I often feel the need to weep.  The tw issues ARE related, and I am one person who does not give to conspiracy theories. >:( >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf