Author Topic: A wonderful gesture indeed  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A wonderful gesture indeed
« on: July 12, 2014, 18:39:55 PM »
Yesterday I received a personal message from a member explaining why they didn’t take part on charity things I do on here but that they wanted to make a donation to the charity but it must remain an anonymous donation.

As promised the donation arrived in my paypal account today.

The amount of the donation is two hundred and fifty pounds. Yes you did read that correctly – two hundred and fifty pounds.

How wonderful is that !    :)

The member concerned allowed me (somewhat reluctantly I think) to post about their generosity in the hope that it may stop some of the criticism of people who do not donate on here and saying that not everyone wants their giving plastered all over the internet.

All I can say to the anonymous member is a heartfelt thank you for a wonderful gesture.

Offline Hamlet

Re: A wonderful gesture indeed
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 20:07:01 PM »
Fan bloody tastic!
Well done that person!
 8)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 22:17:30 PM »
Wow! What a wonderful gesture. Thank you whoever you are for your generosity. You can be sure that your donation will be put to really good use. It really is both heartwarming and humbling to see firsthand the kindness of  people and we really do thank you  from the bottem of our hearts.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 20:52:23 PM »
Just a note to say that I will be transferring this wonderful donation together with the Open Golf Sweepstake money shortly.

I didn't want to add the two things together because this gesture deserves special recognition in it's own right.

Many thanks again to the anonymous donor.   :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:14:12 AM »
A huge thanks again to whoever you are. Your donation will help to fund one of our forthcoming children's projects   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf