Author Topic: Six Nations 2015  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Six Nations 2015
« on: August 22, 2014, 14:38:19 PM »
Yes, I know it is a long way off. But, I now have a daughter and son-in-law who live in Edinburgh and who, after a fairly hefty hint I dropped, decided to invite us to stay with them in February. Which timing, just by coincidence you understand, happens to coincide with the Scotland v Wales match at Murratfield. We all got our tickets today. Whoopee! Cymru Am Byth!

Offline jondo

Re: Six Nations 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 17:40:09 PM »
Ah yes....that well known stadium named after the well known Ottoman naval commander Murat Reis!!!! He was a bit off track when he sailed up the Firth of Forth!

Can't wait myself either, Colwyn, for the tournament to start. A little warm up for the big one later in the year!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 18:08:21 PM »
Murat Reis!!!!
I am hoping for More Tries!!!!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 18:33:47 PM »
It opens on Friday. What are the prospects? England have loads of injuries. Can they afford to lose them. Wales team already announced and it looks to me like the strongest we could put on the pitch against England. Scotland did unexpectedly well in the Autumn. But Ireland were outstanding and must start as favourites. France? Can anybody ever tell? And Italy, everybody's favourite second team and all hoping they'll get some wins - against anybody but their own team. A grand year of rugby coming!

Offline jondo

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 15:33:45 PM »
I have to agree with you Colwyn on all that. Wales are now a cohesive unit with, at last, a half back pairing to take on any team. With almost the best choice pack (not sure Jones won't be missed) and the talent of the backs I can't see England winning. England were lacking ideas v the All Blacks on 14 Nov but at last they are forced to ignore Farrell, Ford is a real fly half and so they will have chances. BUT......the Millenium Stadium factor is going to be the 16th man for Wales! It's just not fair... :(

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
My (English) daughter sent me this trailer banned by BBC as "inappropriate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmkbJlYx1v8&app=desktop

Offline jondo

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 14:34:37 PM »
Ridiculous! Rugby is the one sport where you can get away with that kind of thing. And the English would be all the more motivated by the unity of their opposition. And we'll all enjoy a pint and a joke together afterwards.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 17:09:05 PM »
......the Millenium Stadium factor is going to be the 16th man for Wales! It's just not fair... :(
England have nullified the Millenium factor. They have been training to the accompaniment of loud music. I kid you not!

Offline davybill

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 08:58:39 AM »
Yes Colwyn the loud music is Sweet Chariots, C,mon England ;D ;D ;D HaHa

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 13:27:36 PM »
I learned something today. In 1905 the Welsh Rugby Union, preparing for an international match against the All Blacks, decided to counter the Haka by singing Wales' (then unofficial) national anthem - Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau (The Land of my Fathers). In doing so Wales became the first country in the world to start a sporting event with a national anthem. Well, well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf