Author Topic: Dalaman - Marmaris Transfer Bus Crash - 1 Dead  (Read 1740 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Dalaman - Marmaris Transfer Bus Crash - 1 Dead
« on: October 23, 2014, 17:06:50 PM »
Six British tourists were injured after the minibus they were travelling in crashed into another van, killing its driver.
The crash, which happened in the Koycegiz district of south-western Turkey's Mugla province, killed van driver Ata Candan, 48, as well as injuring six Brits and the Turkish man behind the wheel of their minibus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2804953/Six-British-tourists-injured-minibus-crash-Turkey-left-one-dead.html

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Dalaman - Marmaris Transfer Bus Crash - 1 Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 17:51:36 PM »
Sad but sadly no surprise - we have nearly been stacked into the back of several vehicles over the years. On one occasion I even had to grab the steering wheel to prevent such an event as our driver failed to notice a lorry was going extremely slowly.

Sympathies to all involved. But these transfer guys are working far too long hours, on a route which must have bored them senseless years ago. Lives are at risk daily.

Offline GlennB

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 19:18:46 PM »
Before the tunnel opened we came up behind a lorry loaded wth the big 19 litre water bottles on the road over the mountain at a ridiculous speed (us not him), when I opened my eyes it was behind us and to this day I have no idea how !!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 23:21:51 PM »
I've seen the pictures, ( on the news link ), of the remains of the mini-bus involved in this horrific "accident ", & it appeared to me that the front tyres on this vehicle, ( or which used to be on it ), are so badly worn & shiny, that it would almost be possible to shave in the reflection from them !! It is not ALWAYS bad driving which causes these crashes in Turkey, private, & commercial vehicle condition/maintenance is absolutely , disgustingly abysmal, & the vehicle owners know it !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf