Author Topic: Three missing girls  (Read 7281 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Three missing girls
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 23:04:13 PM »
In the news a couple of weeks ago a British pensioner on holiday lost his passport and got home using his bus pass.!!

Last year a " serial runaway " lad of 14 was ending up all over the world on his own. Nothing surprises me anymore

regarding our borders, in or out, and each year our border chiefs award themselves huge bonuses ( of our money )

for total failure.         >:(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 03:52:36 AM »
Don't worry though Kevin. There WILL be an enquiry. The head of the government  department chosen as scapegoat WILL be given the chance to retire with a substantial pension and lessons WILL be learnt.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 07:25:09 AM »
Phew.!      That's reassuring. I feel much safer now.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 07:45:29 AM »
I see that the families of these girls are now criticising the police,no doubt they will be holding a press conference with CAGE shortly. >:(

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 08:14:14 AM »
And then the compensation claim for stress etc will no doubt follow  :-\

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 15:14:42 PM »
I see that the families of these girls are now criticising the police,no doubt they will be holding a press conference with CAGE shortly. >:(
The police gave letters to the girls at school and told them to take them home to their parents. Which, of course, they did not do. Not the brightest bit of thinking by the constabulary.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 16:12:10 PM »
How did the first girl leaving for Syria and ISIS not even make the news?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 16:46:50 PM »
Interesting question, Scunner. It seems that the first one to go AWOL was treated simply as a missing person at first. I don't know when the police started to believe she had gone to Syria. When they did think that, the police did not release the name. Why? Newspapers still refer to her as "missing 15 year-old schoolgirl" (see example below in link). The names of the two 15 year-olds who have gone to Syria recently are known; why not the first one?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/06/syria-bound-girls-hid-police-letter-families

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 18:04:41 PM »
I don't think the police should be blamed for three young women being totally dishonest to their parents and families.

The blame culture that has sprung up in recent years in the UK totally p####s me off. It's always someone else's fault.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 18:10:41 PM »
Interesting question, Scunner. It seems that the first one to go AWOL was treated simply as a missing person at first. I don't know when the police started to believe she had gone to Syria. When they did think that, the police did not release the name. Why? Newspapers still refer to her as "missing 15 year-old schoolgirl" (see example below in link). The names of the two 15 year-olds who have gone to Syria recently are known; why not the first one?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/06/syria-bound-girls-hid-police-letter-families

Also had they released information once they knew she (the first one) had gone to Syria, it would surely have let all parents of children locally (and in the same school!) know and just maybe they would have paid more attention to what their children might be up to.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf