Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson  (Read 10690 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Jeremy Clarkson
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 14:20:41 PM »
Did you just say: he earns a lot of money for the BBC so he is allowed to go around punching people? If not, what did you say - apart from making silly comments about the menopause and Islington?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 14:58:40 PM »
If this had been an assault why did the producer not go to the police in the first place instead of wasting A and E time with a fat lip. Proud to have signed the petition.

Clarkson has admitted the assault !

Offline suehugh

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 17:24:44 PM »
Who cares either way
It's not even worth commenting on

Er, just wasted two minutes

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 17:44:37 PM »
It's not even worth commenting on

Said someone who commented.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 18:26:26 PM »
It would be worth commenting on if it were your son/brother/father who was physically assaulted at work by a buffoon who thinks he is above things like the law.

Bet nobody of the 1 million plus who voted to save him would have done so had it been their relative or friend who was the victim of this act of bullying in the workplace.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 19:12:16 PM »
H it was clarkson himself that reported it in the first place, we all know that. The point I was trying to make was this is a mountain out of a mole hill, and the cost to the licence payer will be high. I expect this will not satisfy those who expect clarkson to be hung,drawn and quartered and you know who you are, as your hobby horses often ridden are being saddled as I type.
The BBC can't fail to notice that the talent has walked in the past, from the likes Eric and ernie to Mr Ross. Etc and I think top gear "talent" will repear with another broadcaster.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 19:16:24 PM »
I was encouraged whilst driving to a windy and wet Skye, that a large majority of callers to a radio phone in were in favour of the BBCs' actions.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 19:32:17 PM by Highlander »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 19:20:33 PM »
A man being interviewed on The BBC today said that Clarkson has been under a lot of stress and had had a really bad day which is why he lashed out..  Poor man. No excuse whatsoever!!... How would it be if we all thumped someone because we had a bad day.. If he had gone home and lamped his wife he would have been arrested... No body should be allowed to attack a work colleague no matter who he or she is..... Money doesn't come into it... The producer was only reluctant to report it because of who Clarkson is...It is doubtful that it will go to court...I am willing to bet that if a petition went round asking if he should be sacked that there would be a damn site more signatures that a million.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 19:54:33 PM »
Millions in the bank for driving fast cars and saying words into a camera. Then after another day of that, staying at your favourite luxury hotel that even with all that money, someone else is paying for.

I'm sure many people would like such a stressful day as that.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 20:18:53 PM »
I remember when he was on Have I Got News For You.  He was annoyed with Ian Hislop and threw a pen at him. The pen pierced Hislop's face and made it bleed.
Apparently, Clarkson apologised to Ian Hislop after the programme.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf