Author Topic: Drumming  (Read 3396 times)

Offline SuzzPuss

Drumming
« on: April 09, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »
What's the drumming in Ciftlik today?

Offline kawasakikid

Re: Drumming
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »
As I am not in that vicinity today, I can only guess that it is school children practicing on their drums for National Sovereignty and Children’s Day on the 23rd April. 

I went past a school yesterday and the children were all in the playground really enjoying themselves banging the drums.

Or... it could be a particularly bad headache!

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:47:54 AM »
Hehe!  Thanks Kawasakikid.  Actually I'm quite enjoying it.  Good to know why it's happening.   ;D

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:35:50 AM »
This is the children practising for Children's day. They will march though the village main street in the morning of the 23 April.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 14:22:56 PM »
Yes we saw the kids parading out of the school in Gunlakbasi High Street on Tuesday, all armed to the teeth with their drums, and they looked like they were going to enjoy themselves as kids do when allowed to bang drums ;D ;D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »
To anyone who gets the chance to watch the Children's Day Parade in Fethiye, it's a day you won't forget.
We caught it by chance one year when we went to the bank. The pride and happiness on thousands of kids
faces as they paraded by, proudly displaying their local, national and international costumes and flags is
something that will stay with me. A very touching occasion that displayed the young generation at their best.

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 14:17:14 PM »
I've always loved the Childrens Day festivities whenever I've been lucky enough to be there in April.
It's a shame nothing similar can be done here in the UK. Maybe the 23rd April would be a good date.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf