Author Topic: ANTIQUE DEALER FROM SCOTLAND  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
ANTIQUE DEALER FROM SCOTLAND
« on: July 22, 2005, 10:49:37 AM »
Hi,
I am a new member, my name is Jacqui and my husband is Phil.  We have lived in Scotland since we married, I am originally from Liverpool my husband is from N.Ireland.   We live outside Aberdeenshire, and I run an antique shop and I also have a webshop www.grannieusedto.co.uk.   My husband works for the Oil Industry.  We bought a Villa in Calis in May and have just been out to furnish it.  We will be using it ourselves for holidays and renting it out.  It is a Toplu Villa at Lillium Park, we have lovely views across the mountains.  I already met one neighbour in May who comes from Liverpool. Anyone else have property near us? If so, any tips and advise would be welcomed.    We love the Fethiye area and would like to live there one day.
Jacqui.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 10:54:31 AM »
Hi and welcome Jacqui, I have actually visited your website in the past.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 10:55:27 AM »
Welcome Jacqui and Phil,

I'm not sure where your villa is so I do not know if we are close to you. Maybe you could give a little more info?

I'm sure you will get many tips and much advice from the forum members - just ignore any 'funny' quips from Tinx and you won't go far wrong! LOL

Stoop :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 10:55:57 AM by stoop »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 11:03:10 AM »
A warm welcome to the forum....we now live here in Fethiye permenently and it the best move we have ever made.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 11:15:20 AM »
Hi Stoop,
If you take the road from Fethiye and left turn into Calis (where there is a place with huge tyres outside) Travel alone this road until you see the Ay De Market turn right at the market and travel along this road and go over a bridge in the road  go straight ahead, travel up this road and keep left past big yellow flats then up a hill and down the other side our group of six houses is at the bottom right opposite a grave yard in the hills - which was our point of reference to find the place when we first bought it.  There are some farm buildings and some goats and sheep and cattle in the field next to the house - which makes us feel right at home!
Jacqui.

Offline lindi

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 11:21:08 AM »
Hi Jacqui and Phil

Welcome to the forum.  Our place is in Ovacik - don't live there yet but hope to one day!  

lindi :)

Offline Sinbad

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 11:22:01 AM »
Welcome to the site.
I've driven that road at least twice a week for about 6 years. Even looked at a house in Lonmay.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 11:24:56 AM »
Jacqui,

Just shows I should never ask a woman directions! LOL. Now where's that Sat Nav?

Stoop

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 11:54:39 AM »
Hi Lindi, Thanks for replying would love to live there, hate even the thought of renting my lovely villa!.
Hi Sinbad, Call in and see me the next time you pass Longhaven, you must have seen my  "Antiques" sign on the road.
Hi Stoop, Give us a break we only bought the place in May and even the furniture guy could not find it, only my drawing of the graveyard saved the day.  It's not like the U.K. where all the roads are marked, in fact none of the roads have tarmac yet and are just dirt tracks as you will know.   If anyone knows any better directions to my place I would be pleased to have them as we always have difficulty describing where it is.  Even my husband - a man has problems giving directions!!!
Thanks to  Tonya and Tribaleider for your welcome.  
Jacqui.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 12:06:27 PM »
Jacqui,

Calm down - calm down- I was only joking! I'm really not sure where you mean but hey - I've only been to Calis 3 times myself. I can find our villa now but like you we struggled the first couple of times. Best way to describe the way to your place is via the bars - I seem to have mastered them very quickly.

Sorry if I upset you.

Stoop

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf