Author Topic: car tax  (Read 4602 times)

Offline doll

car tax
« on: July 30, 2005, 12:48:10 PM »
any one else stunned about the cost of owing a car in fethiye
went to pay tax
cost me nearly 500ytl
and now they want payment twice a year its getting very expensive to run a car here :o

Offline cenk

car tax
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 14:09:00 PM »
Hi Doll
It is related with weigth , engine volume and age of the car.It seems your car is heavy and has a big engine.
Tax for normal weigths and engine volumes are 200-350 YTL which is still expensive.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
car tax
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 15:21:57 PM »
and thats just for 6 months...!! we have kept our  main car but i sold my pick up and reverted to a scooter, park anwhere in fethiye, forget about traffic lights, tax 27ytl, 10ytl gets me 200klms arround fethiye and a new scooter cost about 1k. a lot cheaper than uk prices!!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
car tax
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 16:33:29 PM »
try this link for car tax, all in Turkish but pretty much self explanatory.

http://www.otomobul.com/vergi/

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
car tax
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 20:55:25 PM »
Public transport is so good  Dolmus..Coach..etc and it is so relatively cheap, is it worth the expense of owning a car.? Several weeks car rental would be more economical perhaps. Admitedly living in Fethiye itself makes a car less important and lots of walking makes me less guilty about the number of Efes consumed

Offline Fethiye

car tax
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 15:58:57 PM »
Back on your scooter then Doll?

Offline Ingol Angel

car tax
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 16:05:56 PM »
Doll, we know exactly what you mean, we paid ours last week and it was 917YTL for six months!  Cheaper to buy a dolmus!!!!!

Offline George Warner

car tax
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 17:34:53 PM »
On the subject of car tax I run two classics as well as a "cooking car" does anyone know if, (a) I would be allowed to import them into Turkey, They are both 30 plus years old,(b} If it is permitted are there any concessions on road tax as in the UK

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
car tax
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 18:30:56 PM »
the answer is no...you can bring them in as a tourist for 6 months, then you have to get them out, consessions on road tax ..you are wishfull thinking, i think you will have to do your cooking somewhere else, also if you get a residency permit you are no longer classed as a tourist therefore you do not enjoy thier consesions,  means car out as happened to a friend of mine.laws change though and i may be wrong! check out www.fethiyetimes.com they have info on the matter.

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
car tax
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 18:48:45 PM »
Wanted to bring my motorbike over but same rules as for cars, six months only, we questioned everyone possible including the consulates even online to bike clubs in Turkey all had the same answer NO.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf