Author Topic: four new villas going up  (Read 10639 times)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
Re: four new villas going up
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 21:20:58 PM »
Danky, so sorry to hear of these buildings on your property borders - gut wrenching.

When we chose our villa off plan we were on an unmade road opposite the forest. Our nearest neighbour had a very large plot (and she had sold a part of her land to allow our development). We were told that her remaining garden was her pride and joy and she would never sell any more. Well, times change. She cut her garden in two, sold the half nearest us and there is now a 3 storey villa with pool 3 metres from our border - just about finished.
I've seen photos but will only see it in reality when we come in June. One piece of good fortune is that our Russian neighbours bought an adjoining plot and combined it into their gardens.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 21:34:06 PM »
With respect, why is it "gut wrenching"?

Firstly it is always best to assume it will happen eventually, and secondly I assume it wasn't gut wrenching when she sold part of her land to allow your place to be built?

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 22:22:26 PM »
Gut wrenching referred to Danky's situation, not ours - just expressing sympathy!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 22:33:22 PM »
I suppose the point is that you have to just accept that any adjacent land will probably be built on some time. Countless times I was showing customers around new developments and heard other agents telling their customers that land in front or beside was "park area" and could never be built on. Of course it was nearly always total lies, but the customers seemed very happy with that information - they never seemed to question it.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 20:12:00 PM »
We bought our Apartment last year near the tennis courts near Cenk Bey  hotel. There is empty land adjacent to the tennis courts which apparently is going to be park space. Does anyone know this area and if so have they heard similar?

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 13:25:43 PM »
We have just booked to come out middle of June would one of you lovely local people update me please on this new build, I am really hoping that all work will have stopped by then?

I am aware of building laws for tourism times  but some how think this is not always followed to the letter ?

I am really looking forward to some peace and quite and so have left our 1st visit this year to June to avoid the dust and noise hope this will be the case what do you guys think please !!

Some pictures  would really be appreciated if possible thanks inadvance
Danky

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf