Author Topic: House Insurance increase !  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Steve A

House Insurance increase !
« on: March 02, 2016, 09:13:58 AM »
Currently with Intasure and just out of convenience I have allowed it to automatically renew.Got the renewal notice today and for once checked how much.To my shock I found they want £7 per month more than I pay in the UK which is crazy considering my UK home and contents are worth so much more.So Intasure have had nine good years from us,time to move on.
Does anyone know of a way I can do this from UK ,a decent company at a decent price who will do Dask as well please or could I wait until mid May,in effect not having cover for 6 weeks.I would prefer just to be able to e mail a reputable company with my requirements then send payment.
Any views or advice appreciated thanks

Offline scorcher

Re: House Insurance increase !
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:02:05 AM »
As you have been with Intasure for some years I would play your loyalty card. Some time back I complained about their prices and said I was of a mind to look for another insurer and was pleasantly surprised by their positive reaction. Good luck Steve.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:12:19 AM »
Intasure have had their time I reckon, their prices are now so bad that almost everyone I know who used them has gone elsewhere.

We now use our bank, for both insurance and DASK.  Plenty of other info on this thread:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=59943.msg413846#msg413846

JF

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 11:36:19 AM »
Steve we have been with Avviva for eleven years and any increases have been minimal.We have never had to make a claim so can't say if they are good at settling.They have an office near the cinema in Fethiye .
Badger ☺

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 14:21:28 PM »
Thanks for your responses a friend of ours who lives in exactly the same sort of house on the same street pays around £11 per month so gonna get details from them

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 16:35:44 PM »
We also left Intasure after a huge hike in price a couple of years ago and now get our insurance and dask via our bank.  Although I will say that was more about saving time than looking around for the best deal  :)

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 11:33:40 AM »
I have been with intasure for years now and i beleave you only get what you pay for,when i was burgled 14years ago i had a turkish insurance and i was very lucky to get 320 lira out of them of which goods stolen amounted to 100s of pounds and they only pay out on items with reciepts and dont pay out on items brought from the uk.So i beleave cheap insurance is not worth it and when i had storm damage intasure were round my place within hours checking on any damage.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 12:05:49 PM »
I have been with intasure for years now and i beleave you only get what you pay for

Very true, and with Intasure you pay high premiums for a very normal level of service.

Folks on here who have had claims with Turkish companies don't appear to have had many issues when it comes to claims and I know a couple of folks who've claimed through Finans and didn't have a bad word to say about the whole experience. 

I did a quick search on here...

"have had insurance for several years now with Aviva from Fethiye office. Girls in the office very helpful as I have had 2 claims. The last one last October. Everything was sorted whilst I was in Calis. Prices have not gone up much over the time I ave been with them."

"We have always used Aviva in Fethiye and unlike Scunner found no problem when we made a claim after our tanks leaked.  The assessors came out within a week and they paid in full for redecoration etc."

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf