Author Topic: Good Service from Halifax (Clarity Credit Card)  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Good Service from Halifax (Clarity Credit Card)
« on: October 25, 2016, 19:22:33 PM »
I am one of the converts on here who use the Halifax Clarity card abroad for purchases, ATM cash withdrawals etc and like others am always impressed with the exchange rate I get. Earlier in the year I spotted a strange transaction on the statement and contacted Halifax.

Basically I had used it to pay for entry into an Italian Tourist attraction (dusty old Roman relics) and the cost was 35 Euros for a family ticket. The statement showed it as approx £92 (which equated to 110 Euros on that day). I explained all that and they asked more questions, then said they would pass me through to the Fraud team. Now the fraud team informed me that it wasn't a chip & pin purchase, it was definitely an ATM withdrawal.

I was pretty certain I hadn't taken any money from an ATM - and even if I had, that would have meant there was no transaction for the entry fee. Silly as it sounds, I knew I couldn't have taken 110 euros out of an ATM - I just don't have the imagination to do that. I take 100, or 500, or 20, it would never cross my mind to take 110 out   :)

Ultimately, instead of being conned out of £60, the fraud team agreed it was beyond reasonable doubt and refunded the whole £92.

So, instead of paying £92 we got in for nothing   :)

Fair paly to Halifax though for what I would call good service.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Good Service from Halifax (Clarity Credit Card)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 22:52:00 PM »

So they're not all a load of bankers then.  well done.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 18:18:00 PM »
Good for Halifax. I also got a good result from Santander. MBNA are still sitting on my lowcostholidays claim and probably hoping I have forgotten about it. I haven't, but I have been paid by Santander, so if MBNA ever reply I shall take pleasure in telling them I am closing my credit card accounts with them due to poor service and opening a new account with a rival bank.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 19:27:39 PM »
I bet they'll be well gutted !  ;)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »
Oh yes, my custom is always treasured.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »
I had a Santander card I did not use and so cut it up.  I had a letter from Santander telling me I had not used my card and would be charged for the card.  I rang them up.  I told the guy from Santander what I had done with the card.  He asked me for the number.  I said I did not know it as i had destroyed the card.  He told me he could not cancel the account as he need the number.   I asked him did this mean I had to keep in paying for the card and he said yes, until I found the number.
Of course I then wrote to Santander and also to a Newspaper.   I got a call from a lady in Santander to apologise to me and she explained the guy I spoke to was wrong and should not have given me this information.  He was being re-trained.
She asked could she check my address and then said the card was cancelled and I would receive some gifts from Santander, she asked did I like wine and if so red or white.  I received a case of wine and a bouquet of flowers the next week. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf