Author Topic: Private Opulence and Public Squalor  (Read 6268 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Private Opulence and Public Squalor
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »
By it's very nature, isn't a forum a platform for people to voice their opinions which for me are not necessarily obsessions any more than yours are Colwyn.

Yes, Lottie, but anyone voicing an opinion that Colwyn or J.T. Do not agree with seem to be not welcome on this Forum. 
 It is very true that many immigrants are not refuges, but many come to this country to work, which I have no problem with. We have quite a few Polish and Eastern Europeans in our local town, all working hard,a lot working on the fish which is not the most pleasant job, so good on them.  it is the ones that come to take advantage of the benefit system that annoy me.  I am only obsessed with immigrants who do not work for a living in the U.K.    I also think that the guy with eight kids, who came specification to the U.K. To abuse our benefit system should be sent home and I hope he will be once we are out of the E.U.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »
By it's very nature, isn't a forum a platform for people to voice their opinions which for me are not necessarily obsessions any more than yours are Colwyn.
Yes, Lottie, but anyone voicing an opinion that Colwyn or J.T. Do not agree with seem to be not welcome on this Forum. 
You should save this up for April 1st!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 15:49:16 PM »
Well this thread has indulged Stoop with his EU obsession and now JH with her immigrant obsession. Who's next? Someone from the Anti-Universal Literacy Society?

I certainly don't have an obsession with the EU. Far from it - im sick to death of it.

Maybe it's you has has an obsession with running down the UK? A bit like lquite a few of those who voted remain and now hope the country goes down the pan so they can be proved correct.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 18:52:31 PM »
Well said Stoop, from one obsessed person to another... ;D 8)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2018, 07:11:32 AM »
Have to say I agree with Colwyn’s first post - every bit of it.
It has been proved time and time again that immigrants are net contributors to the U.K. economy.  Our NHS would collapse without them, as would many industries like farming and hotels.
I was once a policewoman, and did a lot of city centre beat work.  There were always ten to twelve policemen/women on duty there night and day.  I visited the town where I worked (Doncaster) a few weeks ago and didn’t see a single one.  I recently travelled to Devon to see my son, and never saw a police car either on the journey there or back.  What I did see in Devon were scores of homeless people in shop doorways.
At home, the roundabouts near my home used to be covered in beautiful flowers;  now they’re concreted over.
We are not in this all together.  The rich are getting richer and the poor are paying the price for the mistakes of bankers who couldn’t tell the difference between banking and gambling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf