Author Topic: Holiday Let New Controls  (Read 92733 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Holiday Let New Controls
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 18:01:42 PM »
Everyone keen to know the exact rules so they dn't fall foul of it, but nobody uncomfortable with the big brother 1984 feel of this?

If I had a property I'd not be feeling happy about this at all.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 18:56:39 PM »
What do you mean Inspector re if your guests have problem with site management or neighbours they can call polis and start the penalty process, it does not apply to us as we dont rent out but Im curious...sorry to be dim   ;)

Offline Fran

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 20:15:21 PM »
Sounds like your guests or neighbours could 'shop' you if they think you haven't abided by the rules, and then you get fined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 20:24:02 PM »
So what's new...

Sorry Fran, you just brought out the cynic in me!

JF

Offline Inspector

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2017, 07:23:00 AM »
What do you mean Inspector re if your guests have problem with site management or neighbours they can call polis and start the penalty process, it does not apply to us as we dont rent out but Im curious...sorry to be dim     ;)

I wanted to explain that its difficult to find who rents villa but,

For example you rent your villa to somebody and they are making to much noise. Neighbours will call police and tell them you rent villa every week differnt people coming and making noise.

Then police whill check on system and will see that villa is not a short term rental registered property.

Penalty process will start. :-(

Offline patrice

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2017, 12:16:32 PM »
Thanks all of you for the update very informative

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2017, 12:50:17 PM »
Everyone keen to know the exact rules so they dn't fall foul of it, but nobody uncomfortable with the big brother 1984 feel of this?

If I had a property I'd not be feeling happy about this at all.

I get where you're coming from, but I think we have to put this into perspective - firstly, Turkey is under a state of emergency and has suffered several terrorist attacks over the past wee while and this is what prompted this legislation. 

Secondly, you could argue that having renters details passed on to the Polis is exactly the same as if you book a hotel, a hostal or a pension.  They all record your details and take a copy of your passport and this information ends up in "the system".  Not just in Turkey, but many European countries do the same. 

As I said previously, its a piece of legislation that was brought in to help fight terrorism and its unfortunate that foreign holiday home owners (who don't rent out their property) have been caught up in it. 

However, if this is the worst thing that happens to foreign owners in the Fethiye area, as a result of the state of emergency, then I'd actually say its a result.

Can't believe I'm almost defending the government...  mibbe I'll get a shoebox in the post  ;)

JF

Offline George Warner

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 12:59:48 PM »
Ok so what about Turkish owners who rent out to other Turkish folk,will they fall in line?

Offline mishy 2

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 16:19:23 PM »
Hi All after many years of  just looking in I thought I would share  the info we received today from NG who we only use as our maintanece company. I would love to see the Queues in Olundinez and  Ovacick and Hisaronu in fact all over Turkey if this has to be on a daily basisI[] am all for supplying details of family staying however  the chaos that the proposed system will cause is  well   :-\ :-\   

Dear Owners

The Turkish government has introduced a new regulation where property owners who have short term rentals or guests have to declare the details of guests/visitors to the local Police/Jandarma.  It is effective immediately.

Statutory Decree No. 678 was announced in the official newspaper on 22nd November 2016.  It amends Law No. 1774 on the Declaration of Identities.

In the past the need for introducing a requirement to register visitors staying in villas and apartments was not required:

This new regulation has in fact come in as a result of the State of Emergency that has been declared in Turkey, and is primarily designed to help the authorities keep track of persons of interest.  So it’s all about security.  In reality the authorities are not especially interested in foreigners on holiday, but this new regulation covers everyone.

We have taken advice, asked the local authorities and searched online on how this new regulation is going to effect Homeowners.

Whilst there is an online reporting system for guests staying in hotels we have been told that currently this system will not be used for villa and apartment rentals, although given the sheer number of private rentals it would not surprise us if they do eventually introduce an online system.

The authorites require, details of the owners and property address along with a photocopy of the passport of all guests and indicate how many nights they are staying.  (The page showing your personal details).  This information must be submitted on the day of arrival and thereafter on a Daily basis.

These are the options owners have:

The property owner can do this themselves, you must take a copy of the guests passport (Information page) and create an invoice showing details of your name, property details, the period the invoice covers and amount the owner has charged in rent, the Tax Office will there after set the Owner up as a Sole Trader on the system and 20% of the rental fee will have to be paid in Tax this is the rate in which you have to pay for each booking, you will therfore need to instruct a chartered accountant.

If the property owner wants to instruct New Generation Rentals to carry out all the above in point one, there will be an admin fee of 5% of each rental booking along with any other fees payable, the owner will still have to pay 20% rental income tax. All monies for the rental along with the fees payable have to be sent to New Generation Rentals Bank Account as we will be generating the invoice.

New Generation Rentals if instructed to carry this out on the Owners behalf will request the passport information from the guests of the rental once the booking is confirmed.

The Owners and Guests information has to be hand delivered to the Jandarma station in Olu Deniz for Ovacik, Hisaronu and Oludeniz areas on a Daily basis.

If the owner instructs a third party agent you will need to make sure that they have a Travel Agent Licence.

Please note that this applies also to friends and family staying temporarily in the property.

If you do not have you property advertised for short term rent with New Generation Rental and advertise your property yourself or through another agent or have any non paying guests staying at your apartment or villa we would ask that you contact New Generation Rentals so that we can advise you on this before your guests arrive. These changes in law will apply to all Owners.

We are informed that these new regulations state that non-compliance can result in a penalty of a miniumn of 10,000 lira per booking.

The tax due on rental income from Turkish property is payable here in Turkey at 20% of the overall rental price.  The Jandarma will automatically pass these details onto the local tax office.

If you need any further help about the above or about the rental tax we suggest getting in touch with New Generation Rentals so that we can be of assistance.

Regards

NGPS

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 17:21:03 PM »
God help those who rent out or let family/friends stay for nothing in their property.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf