Author Topic: Advice on prescriptions  (Read 4214 times)

Offline badkarma

• Newly Registered
Advice on prescriptions
« on: June 04, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »
Hi everyone
We are planning our move to Calis, still a couple of years away but am trying to find answers to some questions that concern us, any help or advice will be gratefully received.
I have a irregular heart beat, not serious and causes me no problems but does require regular medication which i obviously get in the Uk on prescription, i know if we did take residency in Turkey could i still apply for the sgk? i know any conditions i already have would not be covered but would i still be able to get my regular drugs on prescription from a turkish Dr?
I also have a 3 monthly b12 injection, anyone else on here require one and advise on the process or avilability?
for us these to things are the biggest obstacle to relocating to Calis.
I am not against returning to the uk every three months to get my jab and collect my prescription but would rather not if i can help it.
We have tried looking online as i know some countries sell the b12 injection over the counter in chemists but could not find any info on whether it is possible in Turkey.
As i said any advice will be appreciated.
thanks

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Advice on prescriptions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 10:19:03 AM »
would i still be able to get my regular drugs on prescription from a turkish Dr?

Yes.

No idea about B12.

Info re SGK: https://yellali.com/advice/tag/12/sgk

JF

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 13:32:34 PM »
Hi, you'll have no problem with your B12 jab, I'm Ceoliac so I needed mine every 3 months. You can buy 5 shots of B12 from the chemist very cheaply and the chemist will administer the jabs for you. I used to go to the one across from Migros / Lemon H2O in Fethiye, he supplied the needles and did the job for no charge, having said that we did buy all of our meds from him.  On your other questions - quite a few prescription meds can be bought over the counter in Turkey, as for SGK, no idea but I do know they don't cover any existing conditions, whether this applies to meds for such conditions I don't know. Enjoy planning your new life.

Offline badkarma

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 13:50:44 PM »
Thanks very much Johnf and LeeGlo helps a lot to put the mind at rest.
I am not expecting my condition to be covered but was concerned about being able to get my tablets and am well pleased that i can buy the b12 ampules and get them administered locally and easily.
thanks again very much... more questions will follow i am sure.
 8) 8) 8) 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf