Author Topic: Buying in village or rural areas  (Read 6715 times)

Offline bob 1

• Newly Registered
Re: Buying in village or rural areas
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 22:09:42 PM »
try cenk and olga who have there finger on the pulse for property in the area , interturk

Offline Laura B

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
Saribelen and Bezirgan are both terribly cold and wet in the winter.  I lived in Saribelen so I do know!   Most of the locals who have houses there only use them as summer homes and retreat to the coastal areas for the winter.  In the time we lived there (2008 -2012) even sawn logs were not available for the log-burner, which was the only form of heat apart from electric which was off a lot of the time,  so we had a lorry load of felled trees delivered and had to chainsaw them into manageable sizes.  That did help to keep us warm!  We only put up with one winter there.  We also had a summer house in Gömbe near Elmali before that and we had diesel central heating there.  Beautifully warm but as the diesel was the same as used in the car it was prohibitively expensive to run so we only used it for the odd weekend in the winter when we could get through the metre and a half of snow!  Most places away from the coastal planes are going to be expensive to heat although money is saved in the summer as aircon is not necessary.

Offline Rose-333

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »
Hi Rose, Koca Calis area is very nice and there are some nice Sitesi`s around there.  :D

Thank you. I think it's a little bit quieter than Calis Beach isn't it. Maybe there are some little houses with gardens too   :)

Offline Rose-333

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 10:17:54 AM »
Renting initially is a wise move.

Yes I think you may be correct. Particularly with regards to experiencing what winter is like.

Offline Rose-333

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 10:24:56 AM »
Saribelen and Bezirgan are both terribly cold and wet in the winter.  I lived in Saribelen so I do know!   Most of the locals who have houses there only use them as summer homes and retreat to the coastal areas for the winter.  In the time we lived there (2008 -2012) even sawn logs were not available for the log-burner, which was the only form of heat apart from electric which was off a lot of the time,  so we had a lorry load of felled trees delivered and had to chainsaw them into manageable sizes.  That did help to keep us warm!  We only put up with one winter there.  We also had a summer house in Gömbe near Elmali before that and we had diesel central heating there.  Beautifully warm but as the diesel was the same as used in the car it was prohibitively expensive to run so we only used it for the odd weekend in the winter when we could get through the metre and a half of snow!  Most places away from the coastal planes are going to be expensive to heat although money is saved in the summer as aircon is not necessary.

Thank you for providing such valuable first-hand information. Winter is something I should definitely be thinking about a bit more. It's a very precarious balancing act between having the quiet and green of the natural environment that I want and being practical about modern amenities. I will look out villages that are nearer the coast.

Offline Rose-333

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 10:28:53 AM »
try cenk and olga who have there finger on the pulse for property in the area , interturk

Yes their names come up regularly on this forum and they seem to be held in high regard by the community here. I did look at their website (not in great detail yet) but I couldn't find many properties away from the popular coastal stretch. But I will keep looking   :)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 20:33:36 PM »
www.sahibinden.com is a great source of property or land. 

We have been looking at land recently in the Seydikemer region. Lots of villages with available properties and decent sized gardens.

If you have ada and parsel numbers and know the mahallesi which are often on the advertised details, then you can input into this site http://parselsorgu.tkgm.gov.tr/
This will give you the exact location of the land on a satellite image map and allows you to see how close you are to a main road and other houses for instance.

Nothing obviously beats going to the different villages and getting a feel for them. Good luck in your adventure  :)

Offline Rose-333

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
www.sahibinden.com is a great source of property or land. 

We have been looking at land recently in the Seydikemer region. Lots of villages with available properties and decent sized gardens.

If you have ada and parsel numbers and know the mahallesi which are often on the advertised details, then you can input into this site http://parselsorgu.tkgm.gov.tr/
This will give you the exact location of the land on a satellite image map and allows you to see how close you are to a main road and other houses for instance.

Nothing obviously beats going to the different villages and getting a feel for them. Good luck in your adventure   :)

Thank you, I have been looking at sahibinden.com and it's been helpful. I didn't know the other one but thank you for the pointer I'm sure it will be really useful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf