Author Topic: Electric scooters  (Read 12008 times)

Offline Christie

Re: Electric scooters
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2019, 10:39:55 AM »
Cannot understand why the no cycles/motor cycles/scooters rule along the prom cannot be adhered to.  It is a promenade and it is dangerous to have so much traffic going along  there, when it is specifically BANNED.   It might not be much fun cycling along the back road but it is not much fun avoiding being run into and hurt by cycles etc that should not be there. 

Offline saoirse

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2019, 14:43:21 PM »
In defence of those using electric bicycles it is an efficient and green way to travel short distances and can be very convenient for some without the full expense of a car especially for local shopping etc

Of course walkways like the seafront should be prohibited to any vehicular traffic but it is somewhat confusing as to where electric bicycles are actually allowed

I presume they are not allowed on pavements or walkways but are they allowed on the roads, cycle lanes etc?

Until theres proper signage and information as to where they ARE allowed the problem of them being in inappropriate locations will persist

Offline Christie

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2019, 17:12:21 PM »
Think there are  pictures on the signs banning cycles/scooters etc at the entrance to the prom, but they appear to be ignored.  Presumably the 3 wheel type electric scooters are to be used on the road ?  When we were walking to Fethiye a cyclist was taking a photo of one of the 3 wheel scooters using the cycle path, and telling the driver that he shouldn't be on the cycle path. Don't know whether that is correct or not, but can only assume if they shouldn't be on the promenade or the cycle paths then that really only leaves the road.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2019, 17:20:21 PM »
Cheers Christie

I note some ( not all) have number plates so I assume those ones  are indeed road legal- insurance and road tax possibly too

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2019, 18:36:01 PM »
as they are registered for the road they should not be driving on a pedestrian walkway 

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2019, 21:27:39 PM »

as they are registered for the road they should not be driving on a pedestrian walkway 

Or the bicycle lanes 😠

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf