Author Topic: Billions of TL being wasted on breakfast  (Read 3905 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Billions of TL being wasted on breakfast
« on: September 17, 2019, 15:17:35 PM »
Food worth 100 billion Turkish Liras (approximately $17.6 billion) goes to waste per year in Turkey, due to the recent rising trend of large Turkish breakfast menus provided at the cafes.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/100-billion-liras-wasted-in-breakfast-menus-146590?fbclid=IwAR1C6WpvSL1FAbSEHidfe_lmQKD_8ltdT-QyrBG023E27sj_ljW_yS6zYzA

Offline davybill

Re: Billions of TL being wasted on breakfast
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 06:43:31 AM »
Yes I agree go  to quite  a few Hotels in Antalya and the waste, that's left on the
tables on the help yourself Inclusive meals is ridiculous .

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 09:55:17 AM »
Yes, excellent point davbill - the what must be a comparably miniscule increase in the popularity of village breakfasts can hardly compare to the vast quantities of food that are wasted by All Inclusives, not just breakfast but for every one of their meal sittings, every single day all year around.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:22:18 AM »
I always do my best to clear the table but I'm fighting a losing battle,,,, mostly with my waistline.  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 19:52:42 PM »
I have never understood Turkish breakfasts

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 02:07:33 AM »
Well maybe if the folk who pile their plates high at All inclusive meal times gave a little bit of thought as to whether they actually want all that food instead of leaving plates full of stuff, if the food was still hygienically in the containers it could be distributed amongst financially disadvantaged families or sold on an app like the one in uk where you can buy food from restaurants that has not sold at a greatly discounted price...

I do hope at least the local stray cats and dogs benefit from the leftovers I know Jiva beach “resort” used to feed their leftovers to the street dogs...

Offline steveb1

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 07:05:32 AM »
Sometimes I think the restaurants are at fault I’m in calis with my wife and 86year old mum we have ordered 2 Turkish breakfasts for the 3 of us and both times they have said sorry you must order 3 . As we new we wouldn’t have eaten it all we just ordered sandwiches.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 07:44:35 AM »
Sometimes I think the restaurants are at fault I’m in calis with my wife and 86year old mum we have ordered 2 Turkish breakfasts for the 3 of us and both times they have said sorry you must order 3 . As we new we wouldn’t have eaten it all we just ordered sandwiches.

Two breakfasts and one sandwich or omelette would've sorted that.  Would have been easy enough to share it then

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 09:28:00 AM »

In that case the restaurant is at fault. If you ask for two breakfasts (knowing one of your group will just pick at it) that is your choice.

Sometimes we have people order starters for mains or a meal without all the extras, or just soup, and very rarely some order nothing while their partner or friends eat or they order a selection of mains to share that doesn't equate to the number of people, say 3 mains for four people, and that is fine. They are the customer after all.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 10:28:50 AM »

That's Turkonomics.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf