Author Topic: Flights to Dalaman 2020  (Read 13143 times)

Offline Christie

Re: Flights to Dalaman 2020
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2019, 13:13:23 PM »
Since Easyjet are still ridiculously high, we are looking at Pegasus which though not ideal as they stop over in Istanbul, seem reasonable.  Has anyone used them and if so, is the stop over of 1.55 enough time to get from whatever airport you land at to the other one for the connecting flight please ? 

Offline Fran

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2019, 13:46:06 PM »
We used Pegasus to get home in October no complaints. If you have to change airports you wouldn’t have enough time. But I think most flights would arrive and leave from same airport unless you book them separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2019, 16:02:36 PM »
Pegasus use SAW as their hub so you'll most likely change planes there. An hour and 55 minutes should be OK.

If however, you've got to change from IST to SAW or vice versa, you'll need to allow at least that amount of time just for the transfer.

Like Easyjet, Pegasus are a budget airline. Depending on where you want to fly from, it might be worthwhile considering paying a little extra for a free meal, free drinks, extra leg-room etc with Turkish Airlines.

Offline charlste

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2019, 19:51:04 PM »
If you fly turkish airlines manchester to dalaman via istanbul is it the same aircraft or do you change on to another plane at istanbul.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2019, 22:45:18 PM »
Like Fran we too have just returned with Pegasus via SAW, a lot less painless than expected, we had 1 hr.30 mins between flights and we didnt hang about at all and got to the gate with about 20 mins to spare but there were no long ques. will certainly choose this route again if these stupid prices continue.
someone has told me that if you book the connecting flights together with Pegasus and your first flight is late coming in the connecting flight will wait? I'd like to know if anyone can confirm this.

Offline lissa

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2019, 06:03:59 AM »
As far as I am aware, you always change planes in Istanbul with both Turkish Airlines and Pegasus. If traveling from Dalaman you fly into domestic terminal and go to International for onward flight, and vice versa.
If you book both sectors of your flight with Pegasus or Turkish Airlines and one flight is delayed, they would not necessarily hold the connecting flight but if the next available flight isn't for quite a few hours, they will put you up in a hotel. If you book each sector separately or book with different airlines for each sector, this would not be the case.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2019, 08:16:43 AM »
If you fly turkish airlines manchester to dalaman via istanbul is it the same aircraft or do you change on to another plane at istanbul.

99% of the time you'll have to change at IST. However your luggage should be labelled for DLM and will go through without you have to claim it at IST.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2019, 16:13:30 PM »
I have just had a horrid thought, Iv booked first flight with Turkish airlines direct and the 2nd flight to Gatwick via Trip.com still flying with Turkish air...
On reading a post on here about luggage will our cases be labeled as going to Istanbul, we are only going to have 1.5 hr transfer time at Istanbul will this mean we are going to have to get our own luggage and then check it in for Gatwick flights.
Grateful for any replies!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2019, 17:51:07 PM »
I’m pretty sure you can show both legs at check in and they’ll send your baggage all the way through

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2019, 18:02:14 PM »
Ah ok thank you Keith I think that is what we will do when we check in   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf