Author Topic: Just a thought.  (Read 4746 times)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
Re: Just a thought.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »
It would be splendid if the people you named (I’d add Lewis Hamilton) forked out some money to help us all right now.
I’d also add the Queen, one of the richest people in the world;  doing something to save the lives of thousands of her subjects would be splendid.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »

....the Queen,  doing something to save the lives of thousands of her subjects would be splendid.

She's keeping Prince Phillip off the road.  ;)

Offline Ally B

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 12:36:25 PM »
Been watching Good Morning Britain and actor James McAvoy was on.He is giving £275,000 of his own money to help out with buying urgent supplies for the NHS to cope with the virus.It is good to see he does not have the "I'm all right Jack syndrome" that many wealthy people have.While Piers and Lorraine were singing his praises there was no mention of them dipping into their own ample pockets.  "WELL DONE JAMES " you are a star.

Offline marina

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 13:14:54 PM »
Don't watch Good Morning because I cannot stand Piers Morgan so didn't see this but well done James McAvoy, now him I do like, a lot!  ;D  ;)
Seriously though, more of these rich people should be coming forward to help at this time starting with Richard Branson bailing out his own airline! 

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 16:57:35 PM »
I think many people rich or not tend to give without needing the publicity some seem to crave.

Should we really assume a rich person gives nothing because it's not in the papers?

As for those we think are not paying any UK tax - maybe this will make a few think:

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/britain-biggest-taxpayers-james-dyson-david-beckham-146298

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 22:22:28 PM »
A friend made this point on the other place:

The UK is in the middle of it’s worst crisis since WW2 and it has not escaped my attention that we have not heard from that pair of t****rs, Bob Geldoff and Bono. When there is a crisis in other countries i.e floods/famine etc this pair of ******** jump up and down demanding our money to help them. So my question is “ Why are you spoilt; sad, selfish ba*tards not out campaigning all the luvvies/actors/music people demanding their help in our hour of need? Your silence is deafening.

Fair point I thought.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 06:50:53 AM »

How about the richest organisations on this planet donating, The religious bodies. Are they not there to help people in need.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 09:39:03 AM »
Hi Diverbaz1.............Archbishop Malcolm and the Trustees of the Catholic Archdiocese of Liverpool have donated £20000 towards the purchase of Personal Protective Equipment for front line NHS workers.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 20:55:59 PM »
Hi Dennis,

Appreciate that is only one diocese but the last recorded income of the UK Catholic Church was £6.05 million in 2016.

And as far as I know they own all their properties so no huge outgoings  ;)

A multi million pound organisation who call the poor to prayer and send a plate round to collect their contributions :(

Offline Steve A

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 22:53:33 PM »
What about prima Donna overpaid footballers

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf